Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Sale thread... qualifications...

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Blimey !!
    So much hassle for Admin.
    I suspect the line of least resistance will be to continue as we are with peeps being somewhat wary (mildly supicious) of brand new posters who appear to join the forum with the sole intention of using it as a platform to sell goods.

After all, we are here to chat about lasers, not as a rival for ebay and the potential audience for any sellers (compared to ebay) will be relatively small.

Lightbulb

I am only suggesting a small restriction be placed on new members making them unable to post new threads in the For Sale sub-Forum. Just to keep out the Spammers and Trolls who only register to post a few for sale threads and disappear. Nothing complex, or special.

I only suggest this due to the evolution our little community has experienced lately. I am sure if Bill, or dave joined today and saw the "restrictions", they would hang around and post enough until they were able to post a FS Thread. I feel persons dedicated to the industry and our forum would not really notice the restriction much. After a couple of weeks of sharing their knowledge they would be past that restriction and have gained credit with everyone here to vouch for themselves.

Again, this was just a thought I had after seeing several new members, with little to no posts, posting a For Sale Thread that make me feel they are only here to peddle their "goods", and not really to contribute to our community. I don't want to make thing complicated, just make it so people who join are here for the community, not just to make a profit. I am all good with members of the community making a profit from here, just as long as they hang around and positively contribute to the community, like, Pangolin, dave, bridge, Frank, (Greg doesn't sell anything here, does he? )... and many others that do sell their wares here, but they are contributing members also.

But, this was only a suggestion.

but maybe those people will then just spam in the lounge or so

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    but maybe those people will then just spam in the lounge or so
    Then we get them klue by four'd...

I think an "introduction" from new members trying to sell equipment will go a long way to improving their "credentials" here.