Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dichro Losses

Cool

Careful, Gary... That's what Mike (MechEng3) said after SELEM 2007. (One RGB projector isn't enough.) Now he's got 2 RGB rigs and a 1 watt green-only projector, with plans for another RGB and possibly another green! (It's a money-pit hobby, no doubt about that!)

I'll be very interested in your results re: comparing the Edmund 1 inch dichros to the LaserWave 1 inch Dichros. Out of curiosity, what sort of power meter will you be using?

Also, what is the cost (including shipping) for the set you ordered? If I replace my dichros, I'll need the exact pair you ordered. (Same projector layout.)

Adam

he got them from me.

and adam, for you......$500 each! actually, nah....$450. ill give ya a nice guy discount. lol.

PM me. ill take care of ya.
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Have a few sets from Edmounds and I have no problem. I've seen worst performance. Please check which way you mount your dicros.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'll be very interested in your results re: comparing the Edmund 1 inch dichros to the LaserWave 1 inch Dichros. Out of curiosity, what sort of power meter will you be using?

Also, what is the cost (including shipping) for the set you ordered?
    I have a Die4Thing that I bought from Robin. Works great.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    adam, for you......$500 each! actually, nah....$450. ill give ya a nice guy discount. lol.
    Always nice to know I'm loved!

I'll wait to see how they perform. I might be tearing my projector apart again soon anyway, so that would be a good time to upgrade the dichros. I'll let you know...

Adam

OK, I'm confused - why so big? I bought some dichro stock from Edmund - I think it was 50x50mm - and I've already cut a couple of pieces off (5x10mm) for actual use. The beam just isn't that large nor the power that great - so what am I missing? (And if you want to go to the trouble you can tune a dichro somewhat by rotating it off of 45 degrees.) One of the mods to the old Mark 6 Laserium projectors was a couple of dichros on an EM20 that could be switched into the raw beam that were no bigger than mine. That was a one watt krypton laser, and I assure you I would have noticed any significant beam degradation...

brian

Lightbulb

Many of us use mirror mounts that are made to hold 25mm round mirros and filters/dichros. Then there are the 635nm lasers that, well, almost need more than 25mm depending on where it sits in your projector...

At SELEM, I found I am losing almost half of my red and green and atleast a quarter of my blue. Alot is from my dichros, but most is from my DT40 mirrors... I may tear down the projector layout and start "tuning" dichros. I need a meter first.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hi

That was why i posted the "Dichro Loss Thread"

A LOT OF Laser Power is being lost via the Dichro`s
    2 WATT DPSS RGB

New laserwave RGB dichros (pass green and blue - refelct red) now in stock

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Default New layout diagram for RGB

Just so you are all aware I have just updated the dichro page on the laser-wave uk site to incorporate a diagram showing the four combinations of layout that can be achieved with the current range of laser-wave dichros

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk