Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outdoors Housing

All the outdoor shows I have done involved a scaffold tower fitted with a tarpaulin.

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    What type of filters do you use?

Are there ones specially for lasers, or do you use computer fan type, or car intake filters, or other?
    I use HEPA filters the rectangle ones that fit on the outside of high end vacume cleaners
    kinda cheesy but they are internal of projector and work great!

I'd have never of thought of Hepa filters, thats a good idea!

As soon as I get my laser, I'll have to start building and post some pics of what I come up with (Not promising its going to be anything professional looking though as it will be low budget). At the moment I'm just waiting to get a laser for the right price, most probably an Chinese built RGY. I'd self build but I just can't afford to as you get a lot more laser for your money by buying albeit lower quality. Way I figure it, get a laser with a good projector casing then replace parts slowly as I can afford it.

I helped out Laser Hire a couple of years ago in Preston and they just used heavy duty black bin liners with a cut out for the output window and the open end of the bag loosly tyed. They ran 2 x 500 mW and 1 x 1w green dpss units like this for a four week stint one christmas and the projectors were fine. And we had some pritty shit wether that year with heavy rain and gale force winds that blew half the christmas lights out of the trees that year.

Carl

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    What type of filters do you use?

Are there ones specially for lasers, or do you use computer fan type, or car intake filters, or other?

LoL!!Nice
    Car intake filters!
    Hey dude my 327 turbo fire intake filter is in my laser projector!LOL!!

Was thinking more of something like a K&N panel filter element as they are designed to filter whilst allowing high air flow. That said, a hepa filter probably has the best filtration of all provided you can get a fan strong enough to suck through it. I definately think a vac might be a bit noisy!

I was just toying!
    i dont see why a rectangular K&N filter wouldnt work just kinda spendy.

My filters are 12$ for a 2 pack

Out of curiousity, has anyone done a passively cooled sealed case like the computer cases Zalman made a while back? Heavy aluminum and fins everywhere? Maybe actually have fans on the external fins, but the main body sealed? Just getting into this, so I'm not sure how much heat these things put out, but might be possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Out of curiousity, has anyone done a passively cooled sealed case like the computer cases Zalman made a while back? Heavy aluminum and fins everywhere? Maybe actually have fans on the external fins, but the main body sealed? Just getting into this, so I'm not sure how much heat these things put out, but might be possible...
    That's how the Laser Image housings are designed, and how my new housings (will be finished within some weeks) are made..

My enclosure is water tight, I cut a hole in the side of a pelican waterproof box and covered it with AR coated glass. Than fitted an aluminum base plate inside of it to do the mounting and followed up by a waterproof edison and Ethernet jack for idla. I can take some pics later of it, and have a few case's and aluminum left if any one is interested.