Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medilas to Ilda format frame conversion

You cannot convert a show created in Medialas Mamba Black into a full .ild file. It will only save individual frames that have been created before they are manipulated on the timeline.

But as said if it can import the laserpainter files, Mamba Black might import them as individual frames and then you can export to .ild file format.

Onge

Quote Originally Posted by Onge View Post
    You cannot convert a show created in Medialas Mamba Black into a full .ild file.
    I bet you a pound you can

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Bit steep for me hee hee.

You can't I have tried it many times, it's one of the things that bugs me about it and a lot of other programs, as I need to convert the shows I have created in Mamba Black to .ild so I can save them to an SD card then use the DMX interface I have to call up the show I want in time with the rest of my lighting, without having Mamba Black running or using another laptop. I have to manually create every frame I want for a show to be able to do this. I really need to get the Pagolin hardware/software and FB3 as this will resolve this issue I have, but costs are a bit prohibitive at the moment.

Onge

Ok I wont argue anymore if ya say so but I have just done it on my laptop to be sure.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by scuddmann View Post
    James, hi, Errrrr, to be honestly truthful with you, what you have just said has just gone right over my head, all things are simple 'till they stop working 'an I stopped working!!!! cheers, Dave

I don't own any of the software that generates these proprietary file formats, and I doubt if I ever will. But, the idea is called reverse engineering. If you start out with the absolute minimum information, like a single point or line of a known color and save that as a file, then you can examine the file and try to find the information you know should be there. Once you figure out how the file format is laid out, you can read it and write it yourself from code.

Fortunately, file formats like ILDA, wave, bitmap, DXF, and many, many others are published open standards.

James.