Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: pangolin Beyond??

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    I think you guys are getting the wrong image here.
    I'm not against pangolin. I think that beyond will be even better than livepro. I just would be bummed when i had bought livepro and then two months later see beyond appeared that's all.
    But Adobe don't do free upgrades to newer versions of their software - Pangolin do

I used to be an avid user of Adobe products for DTP work. I was well p*ssed off on more than one occasion when I had just purchased an upgrade only for it to be almost immediately outdated. I eventually switched over to Serif products, which were far superior anyway. It was just one upmanship that kept DTP houses loyal to Adobe.

Pangolin have never been (or I don't think ever will be) the sort of company to hack off their customers, the laser business is relatively small and I personally have found that they bend over backwards to help their customers, something that cannot be said of Adobe.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I understand your point about adobe, but even when pangolin offers free updates, we're talking about an entirely new product ...

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    I understand your point about adobe, but even when pangolin offers free updates, we're talking about an entirely new product ...
    Yes, but if it follows the same format of previous software such as LD2000 Intro, Basic and Pro. There's every chance that LD2000 Pro users will get the full software functionality with the new 'Beyond' software, Basic users will get basic features etc.

If Bill sees this thread i'm sure he'll jump in and perhaps add a comment or two

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

can't wait for Bill/william to comment :-)
    Speculation isn't the most accurate way to get information , wuahaha

It looks like the BEYOND software is tageted towards the REAL pro's who make biggershows with different media.

Pyrotechnics isn't really something that amateurs setoff and sync electricly.
    I have done this in the past... it isnt easy

Anthony, Bill has already said on here that the Fb3 software was going to be replaced by something new that was easier to use. To me this is a strong hint given for Beyond "we've discovered a new way of controlling a laser" that Beyond will have both Professional and Consumer versions.

However, we'll have to wait for an official announcement to know for sure.

RGB,

I must have missed that post...(i registered in july)
    If that is right....it makes things interesting because i'm ready to order a FB3 package.

Already send bill/william a mail for the ordering info for the LAfreak package.

Maybe it is wise for me to ask bill about the Beyond software.
    I'm a resonable patient man. :-)

Lets hear from bill

I can't find the post now but was pretty sure he said it. Something about making FB3 easier to use. Maybe I just imagined it, wishful thinking.

Anyway, if it did exist, wasn't a direct reference to Beyond but it would seem logical that if they've found a new way of controlling the beams then it would probably be easier to use. Otherwise wouldn't relly be any advantage to changing anything.

i sure hope he comes in here and lets us know a little more!

i am also planning on buying the FB3 soon
    -Josh

I remember him saying something about them coming out with something soon that will make everything else obsolete. Not sure how to take that but I can't afford to replace everything I have so it will just have to be obsolete.

Just let us not get ahead of things.......

I'm sure pango isn't going to make everything obsolete...
    Your "gear" is working now? i won't magicly stop working when something new gets introduced.

windows XP and 98 still work fine..... and vista is here some time now.
    You catch my drift?

The quote that RGB posted... clearly stated that the beyond software is fully compatible with existing pango QM2K and FB3 hardware.
    So i think it is the New sotware thats going to blow everything else out of the water.

I almost feel sorry for posting the BEYOND topic and asking about it.
    We might jump to conclusions way to fast.