Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: pangolin Beyond??

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    The word you are looking for is "lasergasm"....

Adam
    Easy there fellers - we're trying to maintain a PG-13 rating here...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

A joke?

I suppose it was also a joke when you asked Bill Benner if he was actually Bill Gates then, right? I guess I just don't get your brand of humor. Sounds way too much like thinly-veiled insults to me.

Edit: Stuka - that one came from the SELEM 2008 DVD, and I think it's got a PG rating!

Adam

A joke?

I....
    Edit: Stuka - that one came from the SELEM 2008 DVD, and I think it's got a PG rating!

Adam
    ONLY because much of the ORIGINAL balcony audio was censored!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

A joke?

I suppose it was also a joke when you asked Bill Benner if he was actually Bill Gates then, right? I guess I just don't get your brand of humor. Sounds way too much like thinly-veiled insults to me.
    No, that was sarcasm. It was in a different thread and was in response to Bill's remark where he basically threatened me with his mumbling patent mumbling.

That was a day or two ago and I thought we were all past that. Apparently not.

But yea, my response in THIS THREAD was definitely a joke.

PS I think Bill does a fine job of speaking for himself. Why don't you?
    Last edited by carmangary; 01-20-2009 at 05:10.

SO anyway -

How about that Pangolin Beyond!

Sounds like a very cool product for current / future Pangolin owners, don't you think!
    RR

Sweet.....

This board is turning in to the James and Gary show ... it might have been useful for a reality check in the beginning , it might have been funny for a while ...i went thru a period of being bored with it ..now its just getting bloody annoying

COULD JAMES AND GARY PLEASE GET OFF THE PANGOLIN BASHING PLATFORM

and find another way of amusing yourself , find another way please to snigger into your collar ..im all for free speech but im past being sick of it to getting frigging fed up with it now

PEACE BE WITH YOU
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Well, I tried to come back and be civil but it doesn't seem like I can carry on a converstation without hearing about some Pangolin patent or how Pangolin is better than everyone else.

You complain that I am bashing Pangolin products when I am not. You won't find any posts from me where I just come out and say this Pangolin stuff sucks. I took a jab at Bill's post after he came in with a jerk patent post when all I was doing was actually praising how his blanking stuff worked and trying to figure out to what extent it worked.

On the other hand, this forum has become thread after thread of Pangolin orgies. I keep my mouth shut 99% of the time but when I make fun of you once for it (as in a few posts back) I get people like Buffo and you making a big deal out of it.

So, it has come down to I am expected to let Bill walk all over me with whatever he wants to say and I can't innocently joke about your lovefest with Pangolin products now? You claim that I just keep bashing Pangolin. Well, show me those posts or offer me an apology.

Exclamation You don't play well with others, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    it doesn't seem like I can carry on a converstation without hearing about some Pangolin patent or how Pangolin is better than everyone else.
    You weren't "carying on a conversation" in this thread. Your last post was back in August, before you "left" the forums for good. You jumped back in here specifically to complain about the Pangolin hype. (Oh, I'm sorry - that was "joke" it seems...)
    You complain that I am bashing Pangolin products when I am not. You won't find any posts from me where I just come out and say this Pangolin stuff sucks.
    No, you just post sarcastic stuff about Pangolin (the company) in general. Then you display open hostility towards Bill. And you take pot shots at Pangolin users to boot. It's all negative, and *that* is the problem. This is what I'm talking about by "Pangolin Bashing". Don't you get it yet?

You don't see us cracking on Spaghetti users do you? Quite the opposite, actually. Even though lots of us do not use Spaghetti, we still recommend it for newcomers on a budget. The dichotomy is truly amazing...
    I took a jab at Bill's post after he came in with a jerk patent post when all I was doing was actually praising how his blanking stuff worked and trying to figure out to what extent it worked.
    No - you *started* out by trying to figure out to what extent it works. But then you said that you were thinking about puttting something like that in Spaghetti. That's when Bill stepped in and reminded you that his software is patented. He was 100% correct, and you got upset about it. That's not Bill's fault though. Your sarcasm was uncalled for.
    when I make fun of you once for it (as in a few posts back) I get people like Buffo and you making a big deal out of it.
    It's been a *lot* more than just "once".
    So, it has come down to I am expected to let Bill walk all over me with whatever he wants to say and I can't innocently joke about your lovefest with Pangolin products now?
    Bill has *never* walked over you. He has treated you with respect. His patent claim is valid - can't you see that?

You, on the other hand, see no problem with sarcastic replies that display open hostility towards Bill and towards Pangolin users in general. That is where the problem lies.
    You claim that I just keep bashing Pangolin. Well, show me those posts or offer me an apology.
    You just did it again in your post above:
    this forum has become thread after thread of Pangolin orgies.
    Are you trying to imply that there is *anything* positive in your comment above? If so, then you are kidding yourself. *You* are the one that needs to offer an apology.

Many people are tired of your negative attitude *and* your sarcasm. Evidently you have mistaken their previous silence as tacit approval of your negative posts, which is why this issue is public once again.

Adam

Just restating the obvious here -

This IS a thread titled "Pangolin BEYOND", so yeah, if someone jumps in that has in the past openly displayed quite a bit of discontent towards anything Pangolin, and offers little more than snide / joking / sarcastic comments, common sense would say you would expect feathers to get ruffled.

As Buffo mentioned - how often do you see ANY Pangolin users jump on Spaghetti-related threads and start posting snide / joking / sarcastic comments for no reason?

We all know that Bill and everyone else are QUITE capable for speaking for themselves, and do so quite well. So, I'll put this on a PERSONAL level, and I have shared this same sentiment with another member who was prone to unprovoked Pangolin bashing (or comments that might be interpreted as such):

The great majority of us that own Pangolin gear are doing this STRICTLY as a hobby to entertain ourselves, family, and friends. We have WILLINGLY spent a considerable amount of money to invest in what WE consider the best laser-control hardware and software available today. In return for that investment, Bill and the rest of the Pangolin company show a lot of customer appreciation by offering a HUGE amount of personalized technical support and other "perks" that non-Pangolin owners could probably never appreciate.

Anytime some non-Pangolin user jumps on here and starts making snide / joking / sarcastic or other comments that could easily be interpreted as "bashing", many of us consider that an "attack" not only on Pangolin and company, but on US, tha Pangolin users / hobbiests, as well - and we REALLY don't appreciate it! Again, we don't jump on the Spaghetti / Laserboy or other related threads and bash those products; why should we put up with someone that doesn't even USE Pangolin gear jumping on our discussions and bashing what we're doing?

There are PLENTY of non-Pangolin related threads on this forum - my suggestion for those members with dislikes concerning Pangolin and its products is to visit one of those other threads instead, or if you have a beef to pick concerning Pangolin, start a separate thread entirely.

As I've commented in the past -

It's pretty amazing thet the only "Pangolin bashing" we seem to read on this forum is from people who don't use or own Pangolin products...
    Last edited by Stuka; 01-20-2009 at 07:13. Reason: Kant spehl...
    RR

Sweet.....

It's pretty amazing thet the only "Pangolin bashing" we seem to read on this forum is from people who don't use or own Pangolin products...
    Amazing how that works, isn't it?! I can remember a few other users before they bought into pangolin as being a bit negative about it. Now they are complete advocates. Maybe there's still hope for carmangary!