Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: pangolin Beyond??

Default pangolin Beyond??

I recently seen banners on the Freakgroup...
    PANGOLIN Beyond tm

I have tried searching here but no mentioning of it here on PL..
    Does anyone know what this is?

I't seems interesting...i'm curious

I believe it's the name of Pangolins new range of laser software that's still under development.

Apparently there's some pretty good stuff coming - There's been a couple of hint's at what's in store, but I guess we'll all just have to be patient...

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

oh very exciting!! i cannot wait for this to happen!
    -Josh

I found this from Bill Brenner:

Yes, BEYOND is the name of a software package we are working on.

Let's just say that it will allow you to do new things in a new way, and that we have discovered a new way of controlling a laser beam. It is fully compatible with our existing QM2000 and FB3 hardware, but I don't want to say too much more about it right now.

The whole purpose of the banner was to be a kind of "teaser". To get people thinking -- hey, what is this thing and what does it do. Well, I can see from your reaction that we are accomplishing this goal .

From what I have read, Beyond is going to blow LivePRO out of the water, and then some
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Kinda sad for the people who bought livepro lately, since beyond is due to come out late 2008

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    Kinda sad for the people who bought livepro lately, since beyond is due to come out late 2008
    Err.... Why is it sad?

There's nothing that says you're going to get the new equivalent of LivePRO for free. On the other hand, if you've purchased LivePRO you'll more than likely get a free upgrade. One thing i've learned about Pangolin is that they have a very fair and clear upgrade path with their software, I can't see them deliberately upsetting those very customers who support them by upgrading their software to gain more features.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I didn't say they were deliberately trying to upset customers.

Maybe you'll understand what i mean when i make a comparison.

When you buy Adobe Photoshop CS2 a month before CS3 is released, you won't get a free update to CS3 ...

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    When you buy Adobe Photoshop CS2 a month before CS3 is released, you won't get a free update to CS3 ...
    Pangolin is not Adobe.

Adam

I think you guys are getting the wrong image here.
    I'm not against pangolin. I think that beyond will be even better than livepro. I just would be bummed when i had bought livepro and then two months later see beyond appeared that's all.