Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Custom dichro for mixing 635 nm with 660 nm

Exclamation

Would you believe, the Maxyz I got yesterday lasted all of 2 hours. I was hooking up the blanking and it worked, then didn't... Now I got two Maxyz Husks...

Smile

Sorry to hear that, Aaron... That really blows.

Mike: Thanks for the kind words! We all do our part I guess. Don't forget to call me Saturday about getting together, BTW.. I'll have my cell phone with me.

Adam

I have a dual maxyz set up collecting dust (not literally) if you are interested. Probably about 10hours max on the heads.

I wont need it - although I am incredibly jealous of you guys getting these dichros - I cant wait to see the outcomes.

BTW Adam - sorry to hear your postal woes, I'm glad you at least stuck it to them.... awesome... although I shouldn't complain. I've had a few packages lost and had the insurance pay off pretty fast.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    I have a dual maxyz set up collecting dust (not literally) if you are interested. Probably about 10hours max on the heads.

I wont need it - although I am incredibly jealous of you guys getting these dichros - I cant wait to see the outcomes...
    Most definatly. My main goal it to get a dual Maxyz set up together with dual 150 or so mW 635ish set up. I need to find a few things to pawn though. Probably put the Argon up for sale. It is also collecting dust as it doubles as a very good yet inefficent space heater.

My dichro arrived today - and VERY nicely packaged, I might add!!!

Sorry for all the crap you had to go through to get these shipped, but thanks again for your efforts, Adam!
    Let us know if you need any $$ to help recoup the shipping expenses.....

Randy

PS -

Anyone here got a parts & suppliers list for components needed to build a usable 100 to 200mw 635nm laser?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Thumbs up

Just got mine also! Maaaxxx, what's up with that dually? You know you want this argon.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

since maxys have such nice collimators, maybe I should start a maxys repair biz?

Steve

Lightbulb

You had better hurry up... I have heard another member speak of filling that same void.

Question

Anyone else here tested thier filter? Seems like I need some fairly sever angles for the best results. Looks like we will see some interesting layout changes once people start utlizing these.

I haven't had time to test mine yet. (Don't have a 635 nm red, but I can use a HeNe in a pinch to check the reflectivity...)

As busy as things are though, it will probably be a while before I can play with mine. Got too many other things going on right now.

Adam