Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom dichro for mixing 635 nm with 660 nm

Smile Group buy payment update

Update: We now have 6 confirmed payments!

allthatwhichis - for 1
    buffo - for 1
    dave - for 1
    p1t8ul - for 2
    Stuka - for 1

4 more to go and I send the order to Semrock! (Damn, this is moving fast...)

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 09-15-2008 at 04:55.

Lightbulb

I now need to sell the argon to start the fund for set of Maxyz...

Cool

LaserNerd is looking for an argon laser... Maybe you can work a deal with him. (Yours is multi-line, right?) Send him a PM...

Adam

Exclamation

Update: Oh hell. Looks like we may be looking for another buyer... One of the original buyers may have to opt-out of this group buy.

Anyone else interested in a custom dichro that will allow you to mix 635 nm red with 660 nm red?

Adam

Exclamation Now we're short 3 buyers...

Update number 2:

We have had 3 buyers back out of the group buy. The total right now stands at 6 confirmed (and paid) orders with 1 order pending payment. But we need a minimum of 10 to do the group buy.

The buyers that backed out said that they might be able to complete the group buy in a couple weeks - pending the availability of funds.

I am leaving it up to the rest of the confirmed buyers to decide if it's OK to wait on this. If you don't want to wait, I can refund everyone's money now, before I leave for vacation on Saturday.

Let me know what you guys want to do. I'm OK with waiting, but I want everyone else to have the chance to express their wishes.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 09-15-2008 at 04:56.

I'm OK with waiting for a while....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Me 2

Cool

Hey guys;

Just an update. First - I'm back! Second, we're still short three buyers. I'm waiting for payment on one buyer, and if that comes through we'll be at 8 buyers. But we need 10 to complete the order.

So come on people! Where is all that interest in the custom dichro to reflect 635 nm red and pass 660 nm red? We've been talking about it for a year now. Surely there are a few more people out there that want to try this?

Adam

Adam

Will the dichro be o.k. for 637 or 640?, some of these seem to have better beam specs than the 635's (although more expensive). I'm considering combining my Maxyz with the above.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Smile

Hi Jem;

640 nm is actually the designed cuttoff frequency for the dichro, so yeah, it will work just fine. You can also "angle-tune" the dicrho to shift the reflection band slightly, if you wanted to play around with 643 nm, for example. (But 650 is out of the question. Too far into the transmission band.)

Look at the chart I posted above. They claim 3% reflective loss at 640 nm. With angle tuning you could probably get that down to 1% loss, and still pass 95% or better of your 660 nm red.

Adam