Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steampunk "Laser"

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post

The movie "Brazil" has some of the most incredible visual weirdness I've ever seen. It has TONS of "Steampunk" imagery.
    I agree James - The fantastic film that is Brazil almost defines Steampunk, though I have to say I doubt I'm about to go adding copper and brass escutcheons to all and sundry - looks like a bit of a waste of laser time to me.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Brazil is the kind of movie that you have to watch several times. There's no way to get all of it in one viewing. The first several times I saw it it was all about the visuals. Then I realized there is a story there too; a very sick one at that. Delightful movie! One day, I'd like to get it on DVD so I can look at individual frames in high hes. You just gotta' love Michael Palin's bit.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 08-25-2008 at 19:05.

This reminds me of the arclamp I gave to SteveR. at SELEM I. People were taking vids of it and picked up the immense UV radiation from it and deemed it un-safe for eye-ball usage (i dont know why ,,ehh)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    This reminds me of the arclamp I gave to SteveR. at SELEM I. People were taking vids of it and picked up the immense UV radiation from it and deemed it un-safe for eye-ball usage (i dont know why ,,ehh)
    I bet that beast would make a beam on this thing...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Red face

Firsts of all I know this is not really a laser, I've already said that twice.
    Secondly I'd like to say to drlava that that laser is very nice in design.
    My friends say I'm mad , I suppose they're not wrong !

No doubt its well made - beautifully crafted and the external focus is a nice idea.
    But I would still say Why? I guess Im just not into the pointer thing anyway.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

I wish it were mine have a look at the link for more pictures.

Ive looked at the link seen the pix and dont wish it were mine.
    Rob

I like the crafted handle and the look.. Maybe if it had a 632nM 0.5W diode in it ...
    WTF -- projectors are just pointers with extensive technology
    bioy am i in trrroubble now --hehe--