Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My New Toy

It was released as a free open source project in its Linux only form, here on the PL before that.

PL member, heroic, convinced me to let it go! She contacted me because she is a Linux expert. She's also the one who turned me onto the SDL witch is what makes it work in many different OS.

So, I invited her to the PL!

James.

Cool

You invited Heroic? I thought she was in the UK? So you met her through LaserBoy outside of PL then? Cool..........

Yeah, from what I've read, she certainly knows her stuff. Way the heck over my head!

Adam

She is from the UK, but lives in Frisco. She works for let's say... "A BIG ONE". One that is and always was ALL Linux. Yes. She knows her sh....tuff.

She found me from my LaserBoy website and got me all fired up again.

She's really neat to talk to on the phone.

James.

Talking

I'll be getting my two sets of 30k scanners here on wednesday and will be sure to list all the parts it has!!!! I need to know tho the perfect match for my lasers that I plan to use..... my first laser will be a 100mw blue, and my second laser I want is a 300mw green.... is that to much on the green???? or would I be better off with a 200mw green??? the blue lasers cost too much so 100mw blue is what Im getting..... but now Im back to the green???????? any Ideas... thanks... ohh yes I do want the power!!!!!

Like I said.... If you already have an anlog modulated 50mW green... and it really is 50mW, then that is a good match for the 100mW blue. Now all you need is a red. If you go with 660nm, you might need >200mW, but if you go with 632nm you can get away with 100mW or even less.

James.

ahhhh yes I do have that 50mw green but it's more like a 5mw... grrrrrrr
    its a few years old...So I now have some extra $$$$ and want a better unit and not have to upgrade for a few years or so..... and 300mw W/ analog modulation for under $450 shipped!! you can't go wrong.... but now do I need more blue??????

You can just ramp down the green to match the blue.

But if you want some more punch for green beams, you've got it!

Ultimately, you are trying to find a balance of red, green and blue that looks like a neutral white.

As long as you have analog modulation on all three, you can get there!

James.

DHL said my package is on the way and will be here tomorrow!!!
    now I need a plate of aluminum...... Ne Ideas on the red beam??

***yAy*** Thay Showed up!!!! ok now to hook them up....but wait,,, no instructions....... Sweeeeeeetnessssss.... I don't need them right? LOL..
    ok I have put most of it together now but I still have a few quetions maybe you guys can help me out with.....

any ideas???

Do I need two sets of wires going to the amp??? if so I would have to make a custom 1 to 2.... that would be a 3 wire from the DMX split into a set of two 3 pin wires for the amp board,, but is this needed for auto & dmx to work???? grrrrrrr....... I know I have ILDA to play with but I want to make it work in auto dmx mode untill I get all my software & dac together.....

Cool

I'm pretty sure you should have 3 sets of 3-connection cables. One goes from the galvo PSU to the "X" amp, one goes from the galvo PSU to the "Y" amp, and the third one goes from the galvo PSU to the DMX board.

Adam