Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: LaserBoy 09-01-2008 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    ILDA is dead. No need to do anything to it except follow it.
    That's a very good point, my friend!

James.

Default LaserBoy 09-03-2008 !!!

Wooooo Hooooooo

I think this will do it!

Now if you go into the 'u' menu to set the on/off settings in LaserBoy, you can choose to 'k' save bad ilda format!

Yeah!!!!!

This will force all 3D or 2D frame data to be saved as ILDA sections 4 or 5.

You won't even know the difference when you try to open one of these files.

Please let me know how this works with anything else out there that is supposed to support ILDA file sections 4 & 5!

EDIT: Hang on! Not quite.....

EDIT: OK. Here it is!

http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserBoy/LaserBoy_09_04_2008.zip

EDIT: Actually you can tell when you open a file into LaserBoy that is section 4 or 5 data. Each frame will either be true color or have a unique palette.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 09-03-2008 at 21:26.

What about format 3? Are you going to support the standard on that one?

No. I think that would be pointless. It's really dead. And besides that, it's the only one with a malformed section header. That's like 1000 times YUK!

It's bad enough that we have to throw away any association of a frame to a palette in order to save them to a file.

Have you tried LaserBoy generated sections 4 or 5 with your stuff?

Now people who use LaserBoy will be able to exchange art in the REAL ILDA sections 0, 1, 2, 3 !!!

James.

Supporting the standard format 3 is not pointless because, if anything, it would allow you to import one of those files and save it to a proper format. No reason to allow writing format 3 files, though.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    Hi James,
    Is it necessary to open a new thread for each update?
    I'm not trying to discourage you from further development, I've just noticed that the majority of threads in this sub-forum (15 or so) are about laserboy. Maybe you could just post in the same thread and adjust the thread title ...

Apart from that, nice work. I like to use laserboy for flash to ilda conversions (flash > dxf export > laserboy )
    Well.... Yes. I think so. Because that way the date is on the thread title. If I just add a post to a thread I can't change the thread title. Each release should come with some discussion about what is different about that release.

James.

So, create a "LaserBoy Release Notes" thread. When I open the programming forum practically every thread is some LaserBoy version X thread. It's not very forum friendly of you to do that in my opinion.

In general, I post a hell of a lot on the PL. Most of it is about programming and the use of LaserBoy. So I put the word LaserBoy in the title of the thread. The fact that you see a pattern is no mistake.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Supporting the standard format 3 is not pointless because, if anything, it would allow you to import one of those files and save it to a proper format. No reason to allow writing format 3 files, though.
    No. It really is pointless. They had it right. Then they busted it; on purpose. So now it has been stripped from reality. For those few files that were made in that way... tough! You fix 'em.

If people who use LaserBoy start exchanging laser vector art, they will find that the way it does it makes a lot of sense. But they now have the option to make files that are true color RGB and are compatible with the new ILDA sections 4 & 5.

I can't find your link to that other software that reads and writes ILDA sections 4 & 5.

James.

There is a format 3 halloween show on the PL FTP site. Let me know how you like it.