Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gobo flex

Quote Originally Posted by SilentShaddow View Post
    Usually with these kind of lights its more likely to be physical thing then an electronic thing. Ive seen very flew blown chips or burnt out circuitry but replaced more then a handful of steppers and lamp holders.

Just a heads up but check those kind of things first, you dont want to start spending loads on replacement boards to find out one of the connections in the lamp holder is lose.

i forget what its called now but, i used one of the things that test current and i tested the power supply coming into the board and it was all good. then i checked it coming out on the way to the bulb and i wasnt getting any at all. i think im just goin to buy a bulb that runs on 110v cause its 5 dollars and the transformer is 30??? is that a bad idea??

Buying a bulb that runs on 110V isnt a bad idea, though usually lights like these have a relay to enable them to turn the bulb on and off. You may want to check that the relay can handle the 110V at an appropriate current. I'm not sure i've seen many 110V halogen bulbs though. Just make sure you dont buy a bulb of too high a wattage, you dont wanna melt the gobo's/colours!

hey dudes thanks for the help soo far!!

but now i have a new problem/question!

how hot do these things get? i got that 110V bulb and the light gets hot as shit. and i only ran it for a minute and a half.it got hot!!does anyone have one of theses lights that will hopefully tell me they get really hot?
    Last edited by joebone; 09-12-2008 at 14:39.

You you want to know how hot the regular halogens in those lights are? Well, my intel. light has the same bulb, and it gets VERY hot VERY fast! After a few mins, the metal case is uncomfortable to touch, even with the high flow fan. Generally speaking, the gobo/colour wheels usually have a over temp fuse on them, that will shut the bulb down if it gets too hot. Check around the area, and see if there is a little thing mounted near the wheels, with wires coming off it

The answer is very very very hot, why so many of these lights especially the DJ lights have noicy mains fans. Your only consilation is that the over heating isnt a supprise to anybody, and most likely it will be designed with that in mind.