Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audience scanning

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

coming soon to a Photon Lexcon Post Near You! , or at least when I'm not on dialup

STATIONARY SPOT ON THE WALL CALCULATIONS. Its very suprising how fast you can blow the MPE (maximum permissable exposure)

Also coming, once I'm on unemployment, scanned light on the wall diffuse reflection.

Steve

Perhaps a real world example:

http://www.laserist.org/files/Art%20...20Science4.pdf

Really good read, very easy to understand.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Thanks for the great link to this document.

like point 12 in
    Myths about Audience Scanning

“Audience Scanning will never be safe”
    WRONG - It is a matter of technique and approach.
    Last edited by mccarrot; 09-05-2008 at 08:45.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Thanks for the great link to this document.
    like point 12:
    “Audience Scanning will never be safe”
    WRONG - It is a matter of technique and approach.
    To be clear, I think you should mention that those 12 points are actually titled "The Myths about Audience Scanning", and that the article specifically makes the point that the myth is wrong and that it is indeed a matter of technique and approach.

From your post it's hard to tell if the entire block of text comes from the article (which it in fact does), or whether you're actually disagreeing with the article with your own opinion below it. I knew where you were coming from, but others might not.

But yeah - great article. This is the same one that Bill Benner used for the second half of his laser safety presentation at SELEM 2008.

Adam

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    This is the same one that Bill Benner used for the second half of his laser safety presentation at SELEM 2008.

Adam
    I am going to try to get this out to Spec in morning... Along with the auditorium show from the balcony, history of ILDA, and the scanner tuning...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Default missing page 13

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do it without buying the equipment to measure your beam power, profile, and scan timing , and if you fail to track cumulative exposure,scan speed, not have a scanfail system, run it unsupervised, make assumptions that all lasers are the same, etc , or if you use a pulsed laser, or a laser without light feedback, MAY YOU ROT IN HELL or JAIL or BOTH!

That said, and this post is not to encourage its use, I'm tired of seeing bullshit approximations of what may or may not be safe. So here it goes, the old OUTDATED , BRH pamphlet on audience scanning effects calculations.

There are probably some badly wrong assumptions in these , and if you do not MEASURE each laser on a nightly basis for diameter, diversion, power, , fail to use a laser with light regulation, apply motion effects etc , ie there are about 100 variables you need to track, and unless you buy a small fortune in gear, learn to use it, know your math, and buy the book with the pulse duration effects tables, , your NOT doing it right!

JUST DONT DO IT unless you have TUV etc certify your show!

I wouldnt even think of submitting these numbers to the CDRH either!

split up as a series of posts to get around the attachment limits

YOU USE THIS< YOU WILL BE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE< NOT PHOTON LEXICON< NOR ME
    CAN BE HELD LIABLE IF YOU ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO AUDIENCE SCAN

THIS IS A EDUATIONAL POST< NOT A ENDORSEMENT!

ATTEND A ILDA PRESENTATION ON AUDIENCE EXPOSURE BEFORE DOING IT,. IN FACT< JUST DONT AUDIENCE SCAN, REMEMBER MOSCOW!

STEVE ROBERTS

Hi,
    can you please upload also page 13? I can't find it