http://www-mmsp.ece.mcgill.ca/Docume...WAVE/WAVE.html
    i think i posted this link before
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gf8stiv3 View Post
    wow, that's some piece of work james!

congrats!

I'll have to send you some laser printer copper transfer pages for future projects, they work quite well
    Thanks!

Do you mean for making printed circuit boards?

I love making stuff like this; especially when it works!

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Actually, she flipped out just before she got to SELEM! For some reason, the ADAT pass-through is now inverted and Windows doesn't have the right codec to play multi channel waves anymore!

James.
    Yep, that's fickle. I never used the ADAT bit. Codec for WAV is another thing though. Sounds to me like some app stole some file associations. That happens a LOT in Windows. Not Windows fault, it just has lots of people coding for it who don't think about that when they make their installers.

Re boards, there a guy in Italy on eBay who sells FR4 board with coper on both sides and photosensitive resist on them. It's about a quarter the usual price and works well so far for me. I use a LaserJet 5N to print to matt mylar sheet, and overspray afterwards with clear acrylic spray to darken the traces and protect them. Jem advised me on some of this, and got me some great film sheets. I used that blue iron-on transfer film since for that LED lamp when I needed to work with ultrathin PCB, but for accuracy I don't like it much.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Thanks!

Do you mean for making printed circuit boards?

I love making stuff like this; especially when it works!

James.
    I'll set him up with a decent version of eagle, if he behaves himself and agrees that production runs go to a boardhouse, I'd hate to see the pugs get stained with FeCl.

Steve

RE the Layla, actually, I think it IS Windows' fault. I'm not sure, but I think that with SP3 or one of the "automatic updates", the signatures of some of the codecs were set to be no longer recognized.

James.

RE the Layla, actually, I think it IS Windows' fault. I'm not sure, but I think that with SP3 or one of the "automatic updates", the signatures of some of the codecs were set to be no longer recognized.

James.
    Which is the other side of the same coin. M$ wanted to try to reign in the loose adding of badly made code because whenever a third party broke something people blamed Windows. Which has plenty wrong too. If you can hack past the protections you'll be ok. Basically they ought to be bypassable if you know how, I think they're designed as damage limitation, I hope they not too strongly enforced.

I don't use WXP though, I'd rather make W98 SE do things I want, it's easier than trying to keep up and change everything just to suit an OS. I thought OS's were supposed to enable us to do things, not to police what we do.

The irony here is that MS invented the wave file format. Obviously, they didn't invent the idea of PCM digital audio, but they did come up with a way to store it that was compliant with their RIFF, extensible, media, chunk file formats.

You know as well as anyone, there is NOTHING special about waves! They are just pure data. They are not compressed or encrypted. They don't need ANY codec!

Somewhere between Media Player 9, Windows 2000 and the move toward Vista, MS decided that pure multi channel waves were a bit too open, possibly a way to distribute craked material. So they yanked the ability for Windows to recognize them.... their own file format!

There is good news though!

KeeperX reports that spider player works great, and it's FREE!!!

http://spider-player.com

He's using it right now. I have yet to try it.

I'm still messing with code.

James.

here is my report
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00224.jpg  

IMG00225.jpg  

IMG00226.jpg  

Talking

Your scanners need to be tuned!

James.

thats what i keep saying.. i need better mirrors then i will tune them these are too heavy..