Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 3½ - Feeler ??

OK, I would like to make an official date on this and ask of how many people there are likely to be attending.
    The official date will be Sunday December the 14th start time will be 09:00hrs till a maximum of midnight, but I am thinking more 21-22:00hrs??
    There are a few people that have expressed an interest but not really enough to make it really viable. It won't be like the proper UKLEM like the ones hosted at Leicester when it comes to the raffle because I don't have enough contacts to enable there to be such thing as a raffle but we could definitely do door prizes on the day. I am thinking 10hrs of hall time equalling £80 so that will be split by however many people attend as fee's for the day.
    Hope that is seen as fair
    If there are any others features that people can think about that we could do during the day then please feel free to air them.
    I would like this to be an educational event as much as a lasershow/fun event. I don't know a lot but what I do know I am more than willing to share
    Thanks
    Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

I'll say yes.
    But the timing for me would be more like 10:00 - 16:00 to allow for travelling etc.

Unless it's just me and you Jim, in which case I'd rather spend the forty quid on cakes and beer.

When will the big smoke see a LEM

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

Congestion Charge!?!
    Pearly Kings and Queens on every corner!?!
    Chimney sweeps dancing round their brushes!?!
    Four quid a pint and only Laaaarger!?!
    Johnny Foreigners on every street corner flogging dodgy DVD's!?!
    Yoofs stabbing each other in the alleyways!?!
    Nowhere to park!?!

You wot!
    Do one you muppet!!

Of course, you could always try and arrange one yourself.
    Test the waters, put out feelers like "oor Jimbo" etc.

Your a rum lad Soffy Boy...... but I like you
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hmm... Wasn't it some form of seafaring mollusc of the pearl bearing variety
    Crayfish
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

im gona say yes at the moment. it is a little close to xmas but shouldnt be to much of a problem.

are we treating this as a normal UKLM?? or a training day??
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Call it 'The Xmas LEM'

I would like to say 'both' Andy but it's up to everyone that comes which way they would like to take it.
    We all learn stuff from these LEM's as you know and some people are more than willing to share their ideas which I suppose what it's mainly all about anyway so I guess again I will say it's both on that one. A UKLEM with plenty of grey matter filling going on

Simon (P1tbull), Mark (insanity), Mark (fluff), Badger, Robin etc etc, (sorry if I have missed anyone) , are any of your good selves avaliable?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Call it 'The Xmas LEM'

I would like to say 'both' Andy but it's up to everyone that comes which way they would like to take it.
    We all learn stuff from these LEM's as you know and some people are more than willing to share their ideas which I suppose what it's mainly all about anyway so I guess again I will say it's both on that one. A UKLEM with plenty of grey matter filling going on

Simon (P1tbull), Mark (insanity), Mark (fluff), Badger, Robin etc etc, (sorry if I have missed anyone) , are any of your good selves avaliable?
    It's a bit difficult for me to commit to for definate at the moment Jim. However, I will do all I can to be there

It would be nice to do a synchronised show with linked projectors. I've been inspired by the SELEM video's

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I was doing that the other day whilst talking to Rob on the blower. I was using Norms new USB DAC, £70 (approx), and my Medialas DAC both together on Mamba. I was running the dual projector show that comes with Mamba, it's name escapes me at the moment...... It was VERY cool!
    I used my 2 RGB's and if pointed at the same place on the wall, they sort of 'work together' to create patterns. Very nice indeed

I really hope you can make it Jem.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!