Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: First RGB

david,

Those look even worser than my UNTUNED scaneco20's!!!!
    We need a video tutotial from ADAM BUFFO..

ADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! hehehehe
    please help.
    Mixed gas i making a optics/cleanup/building video for us...

Maybe a nice PHOTOLEXICON DVD tutorial/training DVD :-)

I'm actually quite curious as to why the colour test pattern has so many tails on the circles. That happens on mine too, so its not a unknown thing??

Cool

15 degrees on a set of ScanPro20's running at 20K is *pushing* those scanners way to hard, at least for the standard ILDA test pattern. Even so, the image doesn't look all that bad. But yeah, you've got some tuning to do.

Dial your scan angle back to around 8 degrees and post a picture of the ILDA test pattern and the Laser Media test pattern.

Adam

Hi Adam,
    Where can I get the Laser Media test pattern?
    Thanks, David

Quote Originally Posted by xntrix View Post
    Hi Adam,
    Where can I get the Laser Media test pattern?
    Thanks, David
    This brings a question to mind... Are the test patterns "copyrighted" in a way that we can share them? I would assume these are "standard" files that are almost needed by everyone. Or are these files licensed to software companies exclusively?

Couple of test pics.
    Sorry about poor picture quality, camera hand held.
    First is approx 8 deg, 7K - faster than that and the sqare starts to go outside circle.
    Second is approx 8 deg, 20K.
    Adam, I have your tuning tutorial, so may attempt that if I can get the relevant test images.
    Allthatwhichis - I had never thought about that - maybe someone can clarify.
    We are not using these images for profit, or to reproduce them in any way.
    David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8deg7K.jpg  

8deg20K.jpg  

Cool

Hi David;

As far as I know, the test pattern images we're talking about are not copyrighted.

I don't have access to my laser computer right now (working nightshift this holiday weekend to make up some time after my hospital stay last week), and in any case my laser frames will be in either .ldb or .lds format. I know Spaghetti can't read .lds, and I don't think it can read .ldb either.

I may be able to convert one of the .ldb files to ILDA, but it will be a while before I can try. (Sunday at the earliest) Hopefully in the mean time someone else can upload the lasermedia test pattern to the FTP server so you can download it.

You scanners need to be walked down. They appear to be tuned very fast - possibly to 30K. That's why the circle gets bigger when you reduce the scan speed. If you follow my tutorial from the begining, it will take you "down the stairs". This is what you're going to need to do anyway, but in your case you don't have to go all the way to zero if you don't want to.

Just get to a point where the circle is smaller than the center square, and then start tuning back up. You want the circle to just touch the middle of the *sides* of the center square. (note: it's *not* supposed to touch at the corners like it does in your pictures.)

Also note that once you tune your scanners, the tuning is only good if you run them at the same speed that you tune them at. So if you plan to run these scanners at 20K, then tune them at 20K. On the other hand, if you want to run them slower (say 15K, or even 10K), then you need to tune them at that speed for best performance.

Adam

Hi Adam,
    Thanks for the advice. I have a couple of days off next week, hopefully I can spend some time on it then. David

Default TTL- Analougue

Two of the lasers - the red & blue have specific settings for CW/TTL/Analogue. The green (not LW) has no settings but is analogge.
    I am presently using Monch Lite to control them.
    I would like to try my Alphalite Pro with the projector. Do I need to change the modulation switches to TTL, or can I just leave them on analogue? Thanks, David.

David you will probaly find the green will be ok with the alphalite but it would be best to move the switches of the LW lasers to set them for positive TTL and move the connector to the TTL input.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk