Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: First RGB

Default Progress

Got everything connected. Added switches on the fan (annoying when testing things) and the galvos.
    Also added temperature display on rear panel - more for prettyness (nice little orange LCD display, and only £4.99 on Ebay) than neediness
    With it all linked to my little "Balance Box" - can get a nice white - though green has to be turned right down.
    Hopefully tommorrow night will tidy up wiring and get it connected to my Moncha to see what it can do.
    Pics to follow in next couple of days. Regards, David

AWESOME its good to see it all wrapped up! cant wait to see some more pictures!!!
    -Josh

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by xntrix View Post
    ..Also added temperature display on rear panel - more for prettyness (nice little orange LCD display, and only £4.99 on Ebay) than neediness....
    Bling it baby, Bling it!!

Will you be showing your effort at UKLEM 3.5?

Default Getting there

Thanks for kind comments!
    Tidied things up tonight - couple of pics attached.
    Still have front of projector still to sort out - probably more Bling with some LED's
    One point - I have ScanPro 20's with the DMX PCB. With blanking inputs connected only the green works. I am hoping this is just a function of how the three lasers blank. The green (unknown make) has no specific settings, but I assume it is analogue as I can control its output with a 5V input from zero to full power. The red and blue both have specific switch settings for TTL or analogue.
    I am hoping that when I coonect via Moncha that this issue wiil be resolved.
    Will find out over the weekend!
    I am really hoping to get to UKLEM 3.5, but unless I can combine the trip with work it is not realistic
    All the best, David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 060801.jpg  

060802.jpg  

060803.jpg  

Hi David
    Looking good there - one point - sorry if you know this already but the blue and green lasers dont have near filed alignment in that image you can clearly see separation of the beams as they run towards the scanners. You need to get the beam spots on the dichro as close as possible. Did you download my alignment guide?
    The analogue inputs to the Laser-wave modules is differential which may account what they readt differently to the green on the DMX. This is also something to bear in miond when hooking it up to ilda connector

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hi Rob,
    Yes I now realise alignment is well off! When setting up the dichros initially it seemed I was getting quite good alignment, but couldn't actually see the beams. It was only when i decided to take some pics and added a bit of smoke that it was obvious I was way off
    Anyroad, I think I am on the right track generally (enjoying beers or bears notwithstanding!)
    Next step is to get it up into the house and hook up Moncha and see how it goes. All the best, David.

Oh! You're killing me!

That is SO freakin' gorgeous!

Your pictures are worth 1000^2 words.

Thanks!

James.

Hi David,
    after see your pictures, I know DIY is so easy working, never worry about the optics board, cutting etc, good working.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Hi James,
    Thanks for your comments
    Hi Bridge,
    Glad to report both LaserWave lasers (red & blue) working great - they run really cool.
    Yes, DIY is not difficult, I do not have a proper workshop - my most elaborate tool is a pillar drill (needed if you are going to tap holes), hacksaws and plenty of metal files
    Moncha installed no problem, hardware and software - I know it is not maybe the best, but affordable and easy to use.
    Thanks again Bridge for making the 635 red, and to Cruch for the raffle - and of course all the people that essentially paid for it
    I will try to post more pics/videos of it working in the next few days.
    Regards, David.

yeah i would love t see them lasers in action...

i'm hoping to order my monkeybrother bridge lasers end of this year.