Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti - Spaghetti - Spaghetti

Please report the crashes and details so that I can fix them. This is the first I have heard of those problems. If I don't know about the problems I can't fix them. And if I don't have enough details to reproduce them I can't fix them, either. I'm just a dude writing software. I don't have a QA dept to test everything.

I'll put all of those feature requests on my to do list but it's better if I fix those crashing problems first. So, please send details so I can take care of those issues.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming.

the best kind of details i can give are when im playing the show (either with or without the laser output on) and i press stop its freezes and says a error has a occurred would you like to report it to windows. then shuts down.

but whats weird is it didnt used to do this but just recently in the past 2 days it has a LOT
    -Josh

FYI: I just remembered that when I was testing with the sound card using that I saw some crashes. Unfortunately, I feel pretty sure that it is DrLavas sound card driver that is crashing so he might need to chime in and help out. Are you seeing the crashes when using the sound card driver by any chance? Or does it happen all the time? Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    the best kind of details i can give are when im playing the show (either with or without the laser output on) and i press stop its freezes and says a error has a occurred would you like to report it to windows. then shuts down.

but whats weird is it didnt used to do this but just recently in the past 2 days it has a LOT
    Quick Mode or normal mode? Or both? Does the error message have any additional info in it? It's supposed to give a stack trace on an unhandled exception so if it isn't that's kind of weird. If you can reproduce it might be able to add some extra error handling to try to isolate the problem. Might take some iterations of trying different things. Please PM with the details. No need to go into it here. Thanks!

I'll go through, and try create a lasershow, and screen shot each error that I come across in the proccess

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I'll go through, and try create a lasershow, and screen shot each error that I come across in the proccess
    Please do and try to remember all of the steps you are taking so that the errors are reproducible. I know that it is not a fun process but it will be very valuable in solving these problems and will greatly speed up progress.

OK. I started from scratch. I opened a new show, chose my audio file and let it load. I then chose my ILDA directory through the selection box on the side. I went to scroll down in the box with the ILDA files, and it goes non-responsive. It doesnt give an error or anything, just freezes. So I close it via task manager and try it again .

Its strange, once I had started this crash test, apart from the above crash, I have been throwing in frames, scrolling, changing colour, repeating and stretching the frames, and it hasnt locked up again yet!

I'll keep mucking around with it, and report the errors.

Also, maybe for the next version you could incorporate that timing thing that you talked about, where it helps with syncing the audio with the show correctly. It would help tremendously with creating shows

I'll add it to the list. But first to get these bugs knocked out. I'm not going to do any new development until it's 100% stable. I don't like having buggy software.

Well, I haven't fixed any bugs yet but got rid of the dependency on .NET 3.0 & 3.5. That should get rid of most of the installation problems that were occurring.