Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti - Spaghetti - Spaghetti

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post

A couple posts back the dude says he only uses it for viewing ILDA files and then when I try to help him out he says the new version is even worse and he is going to have abandon using it.
    So now its my fault your newer version doesn't work as intended.

I was always very polite and respectful.

LOL.

With the Pango patent threats and all I really don't have any desire to try to ever sell it and I don't want to be stifled in regards to what I can implement.
    Maybe its my memory but I don't remember Bill ever threatening you.

I'll just uninstall and find another viewer to view my downloaded ILDA files.
    You should check out Anarchy, if it's still around. I still use it from time to time if I don't want to fire up Pangolin. It's really nice software and has loads a features. It doesn't output anything at all, it is just for viewing and editing of frames.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    You should check out Anarchy, if it's still around. I still use it from time to time if I don't want to fire up Pangolin. It's really nice software and has loads a features. It doesn't output anything at all, it is just for viewing and editing of frames.
    Same here - the freeware version is great for sorting through folders of unknown ILD files (provided the file format wasn't "tweaked" )!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Is this the one - the web address worries me slightly:

http://www.pangolin.ru/Anarchy/Anarchy.html

Yes, thats the website. I'm glad to see it's still around, though surprised by the price! It's gone up a bit since I bought it back in the late '90's. I *think* it was about $50 then!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Is this the one - the web address worries me slightly:

http://www.pangolin.ru/Anarchy/Anarchy.html
    The US dealers all deny any recent contact in years with the creator.

Steve

PS and by the way White, from the stack trace it looked like you were running B9, not B10.

PS and by the way White, you were not running B10. I could tell by the stack trace that you were running B9. The bug you reported had been fixed in B10. Oh well. Too late now.

come on gary,

you are better than this.
    please don''t take lehmans place on the forums.
    I know there are "alot" of "entry" users having great fun with your software.

I know sometimes frustrations do surface when you feel like you don't get the credits you deserve, but lowering yourself like you are doing now isnt the anwser.

Starting a war with the the "BIGBOYS" isn't going to get you anywhere.
    Just like the NETSCAPE vs MICROSHAFT war..... and we all know where that ended.... (the moment it really whent personal...there was no stopping)

Let Pangolin (and its users) for what it is and direct your passion/efforts towards your own users.. (some of the pango users do also use your software)
    For now it are different markets.. and thats fine

Gary.. i do wish you all the best and hopefully this can all be resolved peacfully or on PM.
    Last edited by Anthony; 01-20-2009 at 09:41. Reason: spelling

Being a newbie to all this I have tended to stay out of these sort of "discussions". I am nearly 59, have just been made redundant, and on thursday go into hospital for a knee replacement.
    I am sure Pangolin products are first class, and support second to none.
    However, I am unlikely to be able to afford any of their products in the forseeable future.
    On the other hand, I am able to afford Spaghetti A piece of software that one individual has put many many hours of work into.
    I am having a lot of fun with it, and have always found customer support to be rapid and helpfull - thanks Gary.
    There - thats my 2d worth, Regards, David.

You people have convinced me to pull the plug on Spaghetti except for me and my friends.
    At this point, I have to ask if that's such a terrible thing? I mean, if they have to live under the constant threat of you pulling the plug on the project every time someone forgets to stroke your ego, then where is the value? At least James agreed to continue development on LaserBoy after he decided to leave. (He has uploaded new versions of LaserBoy to his site since he posted his farewell.)
    A couple posts back the dude says he only uses it for viewing ILDA files and then when I try to help him out he says the new version is even worse and he is going to have abandon using it. Like I really care.
    Most developers *would* care if a user was willing to report a bug *and* give you specifics about how he found it. So what if he's only using a portion of the software's true power? Do you have a license agreement where you prohibit anyone from using it unless they use it as a free show player *and* an ILDA browser? What sort of lame excuse is this you're pushing on us now?
    I have spent a year on this software and the dude is complaining that he can't use it as his free ILDA viewer.
    What do you want, a medal or something? People are generally thankful that you wrote the software. I was thankful. In fact, I was even willing to help you out *despite* our past differences, not once but twice! (Remember those mamba black test shows and frames?) Now one dude points out a problem, and rather than at least agree to look into it, you tell him that you're not interested in fixing it. OK, maybe White-Light's post could have been written a bit better, but he *did* give you valuable feedback, which you rejected.

You act like you can't be bothered to continue this work unless you are adored by the entire community. Well, as long as you have that chip on your shoulder (and your sarcastic attitude) you are *not* going to be adored by everyone.

Some people might kiss your pinky ring just to get a copy of your software (and then talk about you behind your back), but to be appreciated by the bulk of the community will require you to be less of a jerk - no matter how good (or bad) your software ends up being.
    And since you people just piss me off, consider Spaghetti gone.
    I'm not even mad as I type this, I'm actually laughing.
    How can you be "pissed off" and not mad at the same time? Sounds like a contradiction in terms to me. Personally, I think you *are* angry about it, which is why you feel the need to "punish" us by withholding your software.

But as I said before - a developer that threatens to withhold his software because he's having a bad day is of little use to the community. Personally, I'd rather take my chances with LaserBoy, or Zoof-o-scope, or the LFI Player, or Dean Hammon's LaserWave abstract generator, to name just a few. If you want to take your ball and go home (like you said you were doing last time), then that's your choice, but don't blame anyone here for it.

Adam