Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti - Spaghetti - Spaghetti

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    PS and by the way White, from the stack trace it looked like you were running B9, not B10.
    The version I have that's running is from the Beta 10 Zip file. I'm unable to verify beyond that which version it actually contained or installed.

I have just re-run the installer and it allowed me to repair whereas with version 9 still installed it told me to uninstall it 1st, so I'm presuming I have 10 installed.

BTW the problem with the file tree I'm having also is that under "Current Folder" the file tree shows only 1 folder - "ILDA Viewer File for Spaghetti" and then its sub folders:

The reality is there are 5 folders in there (3 Spaghetti versions, Viewer folder and an ILDA folder containing the ILDA files):

The other 4 folders don't show in Spaghetti under the file tree.

Dude, are you obsessed with me or something? Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    At this point, I have to ask if that's such a terrible thing? I mean, if they have to live under the constant threat of you pulling the plug on the project every time someone forgets to stroke your ego, then where is the value? At least James agreed to continue development on LaserBoy after he decided to leave. (He has uploaded new versions of LaserBoy to his site since he posted his farewell.)

Most developers *would* care if a user was willing to report a bug *and* give you specifics about how he found it. So what if he's only using a portion of the software's true power? Do you have a license agreement where you prohibit anyone from using it unless they use it as a free show player *and* an ILDA browser? What sort of lame excuse is this you're pushing on us now?

What do you want, a medal or something? People are generally thankful that you wrote the software. I was thankful. In fact, I was even willing to help you out *despite* our past differences, not once but twice! (Remember those mamba black test shows and frames?) Now one dude points out a problem, and rather than at least agree to look into it, you tell him that you're not interested in fixing it. OK, maybe White-Light's post could have been written a bit better, but he *did* give you valuable feedback, which you rejected.

You act like you can't be bothered to continue this work unless you are adored by the entire community. Well, as long as you have that chip on your shoulder (and your sarcastic attitude) you are *not* going to be adored by everyone.

Some people might kiss your pinky ring just to get a copy of your software (and then talk about you behind your back), but to be appreciated by the bulk of the community will require you to be less of a jerk - no matter how good (or bad) your software ends up being.

How can you be "pissed off" and not mad at the same time? Sounds like a contradiction in terms to me. Personally, I think you *are* angry about it, which is why you feel the need to "punish" us by withholding your software.

But as I said before - a developer that threatens to withhold his software because he's having a bad day is of little use to the community. Personally, I'd rather take my chances with LaserBoy, or Zoof-o-scope, or the LFI Player, or Dean Hammon's LaserWave abstract generator, to name just a few. If you want to take your ball and go home (like you said you were doing last time), then that's your choice, but don't blame anyone here for it.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    OK, maybe White-Light's post could have been written a bit better, but he *did* give you valuable feedback, which you rejected.

Adam
    Maybe you've spotted something I haven't Adam but I've re-read my posts on the page 7 and I can't see anything I would regard as offensive, rude or otherwise. I gave polite factual feedback of bugs along with a request that ILDA viewing be re-instated.

If by doing that I offended Gary, then I apologise, but personally I don't see anything wrong in what I wrote about the bugs and I wouldn't have written it any different a second time around.

Dude, are you obsessed with me or something? Get over it.
    What the....

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Maybe you've spotted something I haven't Adam but I've re-read my posts on the page 7 and I can't see anything I would regard as offensive, rude or otherwise. I gave polite factual feedback of bugs along with a request that ILDA viewing be re-instated.

If by doing that I offended Gary, then I apologise, but personally I don't see anything wrong in what I wrote about the bugs and I wouldn't have written it any different a second time around.
    Hey, White-Light -
    I think this is another one of those days where no matter what anybody posts, it is going to get thrashed, at least in the current state of this thread!

Kudos for you for your efforts in documenting the issues you ran in to!!

Maybe things will cool down a bit in a day or two...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    What the....
    Well, I have never had anyone write so much about me as him. I'm just not used to all of that attention. Makes me uneasy.

Well, I have never had anyone write so much about me as him. I'm just not used to all of that attention. Makes me uneasy.
    StatsMembers: 1,507
    Threads: 5,428
    Top Poster:
    buffo (4,631)

SO do'nt feel uneasy... maybe 31 of them are about you..... :-)
    Please don't be so childishman... come on.

You put buffo and pango on ignore... en buffo puts you on ignore
    Problem solved...

the other solution is to leave again....... ?

That's good advice, my friend.

Oh yea, just to keep things in context, this all started when I made an innocent joke that apparently hurt someones feelings.

Oh yea, just to keep things in context, this all started when I made an innocent joke that apparently hurt someones feelings.
    Well, look at it this way -
    Your comments, regardless of intent, seemed to have managed to alienate forum members on an International scale. Congrats....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Well, look at it this way -
    Your comments, regardless of intent, seemed to have managed to alienate forum members on an International scale. Congrats....
    Thanks. And on that note I shall again depart.

Spec, if you are reading this please go ahead and delete my account.