Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting in Orlando on November 8th, 2008!

Default Laser Meet & Greet Nov 08 2008

Hello everyone,

Found this forum tonight doing research. I'd LOVE to attend this meeting so if you could tell me where in Orlando I'd appreciate it. I'm in Jacksonville FL and new to the laser world. I've been interested in them for a long time and own several. I'm trying to put together a little laser show for a frined who is having a car show in Kingsland GA on Sat Nov 01 2008. I quickly realized I don't know what I'm doing so if there is anyone close by or even remote that could help me I'd be real greatful.

So far I have the following:

Elation DMX PRO Contoller
    Chauvet DMX 55RG Red & Green
    Chauvet DMX LG80 Moving Yoke Green
    Chauvet DMX LG80 Graphxpress Contoller
    Chauvet Non-DMX Abyss II Water Effects
    Omnisistem DMX MAGIC Box Multicolor Laser

Really having a lot of problems with DMX overall. Anyone in the Jacksonville area?

~Link

Smile

Hello LaserLink;

Just sent you a PM with more details about FLEM. Hope to see you there!

It's a great way to learn about your hobby. You'll also get a chance to see some *very* cool gear in operation. And it's a fun social event too.

Re: DMX - you may want to get in touch with DZ. He's in Jacksonville and knows a good bit. Perhaps he can answer your questions. (BTW, he'll be at FLEM as well.)

Adam

AArrgggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is torture

I fly out to Miami for a conference (sponsored by one of our suppliers ) on Sunday the 9th November. I've spoken to the organisers about trying to adjust my flights so I could perhaps arrive on the Friday but they won't do it, or rather they will but I will have to pay for *all* the flights myself

So near yet so far

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Sorry to hear that, Jem... Would have been cool to see you there.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Jem... Would have been cool to see you there.

Adam
    It would have been cool to have been there

I'm *really* pissed that i'm going to miss it by such a small margin, but I can't really justify spending the money on the flights.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Lightbulb

You should look into flying out on Thursday as it may be cheaper than the day you are now leaving. If it is cheaper, maybe the company paying would be willing to pay for the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    You should look into flying out on Thursday as it may be cheaper than the day you are now leaving. If it is cheaper, maybe the company paying would be willing to pay for the flight.
    Sadly no, i've pretty much tried everything I can think of. Seemingly they reserve places on the flights Waaaay in advance. I do understand it from their point of view (however much it grieves me). Imagine if everyone on this trip fancied a few extra days in Miami/Orlando, their scheduling would be completely up the spout. It is after all them who are paying for us to attend *their* err... conference

Cheers

Jem

Hey this is already less than a month away. Who all is planning on going? I put a bug in the infamous D. McCullough's ear about the event, there is a *slim* chance he might make it.

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Talking

Jem,
    Dont feel intimidated by Buffo the laser thug. If you want to come, just pay me half of what it would cost you to change your flights-
    Then I will reschedule the event to suit your timeframe-

:-)
    go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    Jem,
    Dont feel intimidated by Buffo the laser thug. If you want to come, just pay me half of what it would cost you to change your flights-
    Then I will reschedule the event to suit your timeframe-

:-)

Damn, i've hit that minimum character limit again!