Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: lighting

Only share if your willing, I can imagine it might be a touchy subject for some people, I was slightly alarmed but only share if you feel its appropiate....

Yeah you dont have to share if you dont want, it would possibly just be a good lesson for people

Default re

thought id update my list of lighting equipment as iv added alot since my first post, really need to get pictures of it all. hehe

1 x njd chaos
    5 x njd datamoons
    2 x ssx smart scans
    5 x chauvet intimidators
    4 x chauvet insignias
    4 x acme dynamos
    4 x acme schimeters
    4 x martin 812s
    4 x abstarct xps2s and 3s
    2 x chauvet spot 250s movers
    6 x lightwave research/ highend systems track spots
    2 x coef performance show 200s (going to buy 5 coef performance discos too next month)
    8 x honson spot 250 movers (very good for the $2500 price, they are cheap chinese movers but have prism seperate shutter rotating gobo and prism. very good lights for the price)
    3 x acme miricle led
    1 x uv cannon
    2 x led par 64s
    2 x 2000w strobes (1 is dmx the other analouge)
    1 x star cluster laser 100mw 650nm, 40mw 532nm
    2 x sik s69 4 head laser total output power 260mw
    4 x double head shinp s69 50mw 532nm

we control this off two methods, one is laptop based and the other off a coef mastershow 512. this board is a serious bit of kit and highly proffesional

now we get into the good lasers (by good i mean with galvos instead of stepper motors)
    there at the bottom of every post but ill rewrite it. hehe

1 x big dipper f2000 rgb with total output power claimed to be 450mw (i think its alot lower) and 10 k scanners and ttl blanking
    1 x pinkem rgb laser system 450mw total output power with 30k scanners and analouge blanking
    1 x pinkem rgy laser system 450mw total output power with 30k scanners and analouge blanking
    2 x cds 200mw greenies 30k scanners with ttl blanking

in the process of building a rgy/rgb. was building rgb but times are a little hard and the exchange rate has doubled the cost of the whole build so might have to be rgy for a bit. hehe

these are all the lights i can think of.

i might aswell list the sound equipment we have aswell in case anyone sees this and would like to hire any of it or our lighting and sound services.

we have:

2 x jbl 350w rms full range speakers
    2 x magregor 300w rms full range speaker
    2 x wharfdale 250w rms full range speakers
    2 x idea audio 200w rms full range speakers
    2 x magregor bass bins 18" not sure of the rating
    2 x crown audio 1000w (500 a side) amps
    2 x crown audio 2000w (1000 a side) amps
    1 x crown audio 4000w (2000 a side) amp
    2 x magregor 1000w (500 a side) old amps
    1 x brand new 1600w (800 a side) amp
    1 x behringer mixer
    1 x 1000w active sound desk
    1 x alan and heath mixer
    2 x pioneer cdj 1000 mk3s

thats all i can think of at the moment

we got offered a turbo sound setup for £2000 but turned it down, the place it came out of was really rum and they had changed all the bass drivers for lower quality ones. basically someone got royally ripped off cause it said turbosound on the bass bin but it wasnt turbosound inside em. hehe
    the amp was a nice digital one and would have loved that.

any way thats what i have, if anyone would like to comment or hire us for an event or party just contact me on here or on olivers14@hotmail.com.

also i like knowing what others use for there setups so please post

thanks oli

2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

You got a lot of kit there!

If you decide you ever want any more big stuff I'm selling my 2 Futurelight DJ Scan 575's (they were in the video i linked to earlier I think) Same as the current DJ scan 600 apart from buttons rather than jog wheel interface. Only about 80hrs on the lamps and 3 gigs ever used for. Trying to fund my projector upgrades so a few things are making way...

Default re

yes i know. im addicted to spending. hehe. not really looking for anything right now mate sorry. im trying to build an rgb laser myself so moneys tight.

cheers mate. what kit do u have norty
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    3 watt rgb .

Think I listed the lighting kit earlier in the thread.

Also 2 x 100mW (one definately is the other clearly isn't!) 532 projectors which are hopefully going to get upgraded to 200mW+ and better scanners if i can shift some of my stuff.

Sound wise I've sold off a lot of kit bar a small pub gig size rig which gets a bit of work here and there, and still hoofs it out fairly well.

2 x X15 mid/tops (P-audio sn15mb and B&C DE250, very sweet sounding compression driver)
    2 x B25/9 dual 18" 6th order bandpass sub from the old Beyma designs on their website loaded with Beyma 18LX60
    2 x DAP K112 plastic 12" boxes for monitors (horrible sounding tbh, but cheap and cheerful)
    2 x QSC PLX3402 amps (2 x 1100w at 4R, nice and light at 10kg each)
    1 x Matrix STR3000 (2 x 1500w at 4R, heavywweight but awesome power for the subs)
    DC2496 Ultradrive system processor
    Formula sound AVC2 dynamic level control
    3 x Behringer MDX2200 composers (earlier ones sound nicer than the digital wizbang ones)
    1 x FBQ6200 EQ
    1 x 8200 Ultracurve EQ
    1 x Soundcraft FX16 desk
    2 x Pioneer CDJ200's
    1 x Pioneer DJM600
    lots mics, cables, DI boxes and all the other odds and sods you need to do gigs with

just sold 6 HD15 bandpass horns loaded with Precision Devices PD154 which kicked like a mule, and my hornloaded mid tops with Pd123ER and Beyma CP550 2" comp driver and Fane slot supertweeters. Was a 5 way active system and sounded really good considering it's physical size

I admin a forum http://www.speakerplans.com/forum where some of the designs are from if you're interested in sound in any way, not just about DIY.

8 Martin MAC 250 Entours
    8 Martin MAC 250 +
    8 Martin SCX 500
    10 Ms Lighting (MAC 575 clones) 575I
    40 LED PARS
    10 LED BARS
    2 1W Green Lasers
    1 2.2W RGB Laser
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Default re

god id love some macs, im working my way up to them in a few years. hehe and that 2.3 watter wow what id do for that

ollie
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    3 watt rgb .

lol light envy... May I share my small setup?? I rarely use this lot for anything more than a couple of events a year, but its growing bit by bit... This was a photo just before taking it all down..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2564sm.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	798.3 KB 
ID:	7162

Its all DMX'ed etc..
    1.5Kw strobe (draws over 14A@240 on fullpower !!
    4x soundlab colour scans (£260 for the lot!! inc acceptable flight cases)
    2x mojo spinmaster III
    4x acme par 56
    1x NRG RGY laser (200mw) my first ever laser...

Running on a dedicated pc with freestyler DMX

Sound:
    2x Behringer B1580pro as tops
    2x Turbo sound subs (copies improved ) with custom spec Precision devices drivers.
    fed with 2 (soon to be three) Behringer EP2500 amps. One for tops two for bass in bridged mono (approx 2K rms per bass cab - those things are insane)
    and a Soundcraft Sprirt ES mixer which I purchased for doing the occasional RSL broadcast I used to do.

Its obviously not the most highquality kit out there (except the subs which imo are true pro class, and my most recent purchase) but its a great combination that can be made to look very very good for the £ spent...

Default re

hmmm that lighting truss looks very familier, i use the same one mate. i really want some optimax rigging but cant afford it at the moment. nice setup there mate especially the sound. bugger me 2k a sub get me some of them. hehe

cheers ollie

just my two pence and dont take this the wrong way mate but try hanging the laser dead cente and hanging the strobe above or something. it just makes setups look so much better when symetrical. please dont take that the wrong way though looks good as is.

also so i dont waste more space on the forum ill add a link to my other thread about lighting with plenty of pictures of one of my event setups. this was before i had alot of the better equipment but u get the jist of it.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6510
    Last edited by oliverst14@hotmail.com; 05-07-2009 at 15:10.
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    3 watt rgb .