Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rabbit... rabbit.... rabbit ....

Cool

IRC works too.

However, the Ustream chat server is perpetual. You don't need a bot to hold the channel open. As long as someone has a registered show on Ustream, the channel is always available. (Even if you're not broadcasting at the time, the channel stays open.)

So the Event Page chat window will *always* work. (At least, unless Spec changes the event page or I delete my channel on Ustream... Neither of which is likely!)

I'm sitting in the channel right now. There's one other Ustream member in there, but he's not talking.

Remember to type /nick and then your name to change your ID. (Otherwise you'll be "ustreamer-675730" or something.)

Adam

I got a Houston roller derby live on Ustream
    ... How do you get on yours, Adam?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    I got a Houston roller derby live on Ustream
    ... How do you get on yours, Adam?
    If you go to the main Ustream.tv home page, you get whatever is most popular at the moment. Evidently it was the roller derby when you logged in.

To see a specific show, you need to go to that show's URL. For my show, the url is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/buffo%27s-laser-show

Or you can use the search function... Just search for "Buffo". I'm the only show now that has "buffo" in the name.

Once you get to the page, you will see the video window in the upper left. If I'm broadcasting live, it will say "live" in the window. Otherwise, if I'm not broadcasting live, you can click on the pre-recorded clips on the bottom left and watch them. (The top 5 clips will play automatically as soon as the page loads; it cycles through those 5 continuously.) But you can click on any other clip to see more. (Remember that there is a page 2 with more clips.)

Adam

I'll build one if Spec let's me intergrate it ....I've already got one I built a while back. V nice interface with support for Images links and youTube videos. Need to change the back end server script from Java to PHP but it wouldnt take me long.

Spec?

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post

No, borring....

Let's keep it in the familiy

yeah agreed, keep it in the family
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

My vote is on IRC. I haven't used it in a long time, but I think it would work great for us. The question is just whether to put the channel on one of the large networks with these fancy bots that keep the channel alive or to use a smaller one (our own?).

i can manage an IRC if you guys need me to.. i can even writ an eggdrop bot to use.