Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Froggy's Swamp Juice

Default What are the suggested mix ratios do you use USP Glycerin or something Cheaper?

Appreciate those dilutions and glycerin preference info!

Also what is relationship between concentrations you have tried and lung irritation and or residue problems?

Thank You Sincerely! From Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    I make my own fog juice from glycerin and distilled water. Works great! Cheap too.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

gary, i dont think ive ever seen pics of your projector in action? and how long have we been speaking on MSN now??

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

FYI -

If if you don't buy from them, Froggy's web site is a great reference.
    Once of the articles they feature on their site is a VERY helpful tutorial on cleaning & maintaining fog machines...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    gary, i dont think ive ever seen pics of your projector in action? and how long have we been speaking on MSN now??

LOL. Looks basically like any other projector in action.

any european retailers/sellers??
    http://inselaffe.org

http://www.myspace.com/majorleeblunt

An Eye for a Eye only makes the World Blind - Ghandi

Laserworld 750mW Proline RGB
    Laserworld Quad 400mW RG
    Lanta 180mW RGY

check this for glycerin recipe
    http://chemistry.about.com/od/howthi...machines_3.htm

i like this solution..
    SNIP
    30% distilled water: 35% dipropylene glycol: 35% triethylene glycol (long-lasting fog)
    SNIP

Quote Originally Posted by frank_1257 View Post

Also what is relationship between concentrations you have tried and lung irritation and or residue problems?

yep I make my own too.
    Glycerin and water,,,,
    NO glycol!!! It seems to irritate peoples breathing,,
    I have not ever had a problem using my blend,,

Quote Originally Posted by frank_1257 View Post

Hi Dave,
    I personally use a 4:1 mixture of distilled water and glycerin. I have no residue or lung issues as of yet. The fog is thick and lingers for a long time. It alas disperses very well. Also, it has a light and pleasant pancake syrup smell.

swampys is the best, I order of ebay and get it in 1 or 2 days.
    I have used it in small medium and huge foggers. It is the best i have seen so far we used it at this event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uF1FAThprA

I just got a gallon of there Oil based haze fluid

I can also vouch for this stuff being the best. (they brag on it being Made in the U.S.A. from lab-grade UV-Filtered de-ionized water and pharmaceutical grade chemicals, each approved by the FDA)

When I called the company to ask questions, I actually got one of the co-owners. He was a nice guy, gave me a brief history of their product, gave me a recommended type to order for my application, (live band and DJing with lights) in which he recommended me the Froggy's Fog Swamp Juice.

IT DOESN'T SMELL AWFUL AT ALL LIKE CHEAP STUFF even when smelling it directly from the container, it has a great hang time actually carrying up in the air as opposed to just falling, tanks seem to last forever due to not needing much at all to get a lot of fog from just a little juice and is easy on the fog machine. (I use the Antari Z-1000II) I've read where people have swapped their fog juice out for Froggy's Fog, in which they WERE having to replace their foggers every couple of months, (in a them park) but after switching to Froggy's their machines haven't needed replacing yet.

This is a shot from just a LITTLE bit of Froggy's Fog in the air:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=19490051