Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LFI live Player updated for sound card DACs

I'm pretty sure your path is just incorrect. The "demo" ZIP contains a folder named DemoFiles. If, for example, your "Content Base Directory" in Options->Preferences->Live Control is set to 'C:\Laser', then for demo.clv, LFI Player will be looking for the folder 'C:\Laser\DemoFiles'.

On a related note, LFI Player writes a "log" file for each session, which includes additional information about errors. If you encounter an error, open the resulting LFI_Player_log.txt file to see what went wrong.

Please let me know if this resolves the problem.

Okay, I'm a day late and a dollar short on that last response. Please be patient with me as I get used to this site.

Please note that the best way to become familiar with LFI Player is to become familiar with the different LFI Player script files and how they fit together. It will take some time and effort, but (I believe anyway) it will be worth it. The 30,000 foot overview for LFI Player file types is this...

.CLV - This is the "live" show script, which associates individual LFI Player scripts (more later) with cues on the LFI Player live console. The console has 12 pages of 48 cues each, so each live .CLV file can accomodate a total of 576 cues. These cues can be triggered by clicking with the mouse, the F1-F12 keys, or a MIDI keyboard (NOTE-ON...NOTE-OFF always triggers cue 1, which is usually beam off). Likewise, you can go through the pages by clicking on the console with your mouse, TAB (shift-TAB) keys, or MIDI program change. The sliders on the live console provide additional "global" control, but that's more than I want to get into here.

.CTS - The individual script file. Allows you to take one or more ILDA, LFI Player abstract, and/or scrolling text, and do interesting display things (fade in/out, rotations and translations, zoom in/out, to name just a few).

.TXT - Will read a text file and display the contents as scrolling text.

.ABS - LFI Player abstract file. To launch the abstract console, load an existing .ABS file. If no other laser content files are currently open, this will be assigned to track 1 by default. Press the "Play" button, and then click on the "Track Focus" button for track 1. This will launch the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerus View Post
    I'm pretty sure your path is just incorrect. The "demo" ZIP contains a folder named DemoFiles. If, for example, your "Content Base Directory" in Options->Preferences->Live Control is set to 'C:\Laser', then for demo.clv, LFI Player will be looking for the folder 'C:\Laser\DemoFiles'.

On a related note, LFI Player writes a "log" file for each session, which includes additional information about errors. If you encounter an error, open the resulting LFI_Player_log.txt file to see what went wrong.

Please let me know if this resolves the problem.

that fixed it...

Thumbs up

wow! this software is pretty impressive ESPECIALLY the abs generator! i have spent about 30 minutes playing around with it now i just need my damn scanners back from repair! now i just need to play around with some of its other features!
    -Josh

Cool software!!

Lazerus, do you have any other fontsets for it, or if not, how is it used?

you simply make a new .txt file and use any font
    -Josh

I mean, when you open a txt into LFI player, it only outputs 1 font...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

OK some premade cts files and frames for LFI PLAYER, THESE are freeware frames from the FTP site someone posted. see attached zip.

It should be easy to turn these into a CLV file for live player

copy them into the demo scripts and ild directories.

these have been tested.

This sample CTS file works for simple animations:

LFI_PLAYER_SCRIPT

CAT
    RIF 1 DemoFiles\ILD_Files\YOURFILEHERE.ILD 1
    SFP 1 0.0 0.0 75000
    SBV 1 0
    SDM 1 1
    SBD 1 10
    STS 1 100
    STD 1 1000
    STR 1 1
    SCF 1 1.0
    JD 1000000
    ES

mixedgas
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lazerus, do you have any other fontsets for it, or if not, how is it used?

================================================== ===

It's not a font in the technical sense...it's just an ILDA file with a frame for each ASCII character. If you want a new font, you can use an ILDA editor (I use Anarchy) to create a new LFI Player font file, name it 'default_font.ild', and replace the existing file. Make sure to use the original file as your template for the characters to include.

The format of the .CLV file should be pretty self explanatory. FYI, I did recently added a feature which can make it easier to add cues to each page. If you want to explicitly assign a cue number to a cue, you can still do so at the start of the line, for example...

PAGE 1
    1 BeamComposite\Global\Blank.cts beam_OFF
    2 BeamComposite\sinewaves\BigCut.cts Big_Cut
    4 BeamComposite\sinewaves\BigSne1.cts Big_sine_1

...will assign cues 1, 2, and 4. This is useful if you want to order types of cues by, let's say row or column.

However, if you want to let LFI Player add the cues sequentially and automatically number them, specify a '0' at the start of the line, e.g....

PAGE 1
    0 BeamComposite\Global\Blank.cts beam_OFF
    0 BeamComposite\sinewaves\BigCut.cts Big_Cut
    0 BeamComposite\sinewaves\BigSne1.cts Big_sine_1

...will assign cues 1, 2, 3, and so on. This is useful if you shuffle things around a lot, and don't want to manually renumber when you reorder the entries. Note that you don't need to use every cue or every page...just as little or as few or as many.

One final reminder, if you use MIDI to trigger, cue 1 on the current active page is triggered by NOTE OFF.