Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: DB-25 ILDA breakout board

Talking Thanks David!

WTF? How come I didn't get mine yesterday, before everyone else? I live WAY closer than ANYONE else...

Beautiful work as usual. I am actually starting to get disgusted your your perfectionism. Now what do I do with this beast?

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post

The pin header is used to pass the signals thru to a second projector.

Hey DZ -

Do you by chance have a recommended part # and / or supplier for a connector that will work with the header? My back panel is already cut for a pass-thru connector, so I figure I might as well put it to work!

Thanks!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Do you by chance have a recommended part # and / or supplier for a connector that will work with the header? My back panel is already cut for a pass-thru connector, so I figure I might as well put it to work!
    Funny you should ask, I just finished one up earlier today. You can make these yourself, or I can throw one together. Here are the p/n's from www.jameco.com if you'd like to make one:

119467 - IDC Socket
    482708 - DB-25 Female
    643831 - 16 Conductor Ribbon Cable
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails passthru.JPG  

passthru2.JPG  

^^could i maybe purchase 2 of these?
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    ^^could i maybe purchase 2 of these?

Yes, I've been trying to figure out a way to make an extension cable for the main DB-25M connector. Mainly for those folks that can't mount the breakout board to the side of a projector. I didn't want to start offering the pass-thru cables until I could offer both as a package. For just the passthru cable only, my cost will be $3.50.

The only thing I can come up with for the DB-25 extention cable, is to have a DB-25M with ribbon cable to an IDC Socket. That way you can pass the IDC socket thru the side of you projector and mount the DB-25M on the outside of the protective housing. Then on the inside, the IDC socket can plug into a ribbon cable mounted IDC header, with ribbon cable to a DB-25F to plug into the breakout board. It seems to be a bit more complicated than it should be in my opinion, however I can't come up with anything better. One of the biggest problems, is the cost of the cable mount IDC header. A board mounted header is a few pennies, a cable mount IDC header is $1.88 each! So, if I made them this way, the cost for parts and me to make would be about $5.00

So it'd be $8.50 for both cables is about what I would guess. How many folks would be interested in these cables? Which one, both? And how many?

i would be interested. and i think it would be fair to pay you for you time too!
    -Josh

David,

Please put me down for two of the DB-25F passthrough cables. Thanks.

Greg

Hey guys, I know a couple of you have PM'd or posted wanting to get the pass-through or extension cables. I apologize for the delay, I've been a bit busy with some other projects. I'll start working on them over the next few days. I also should have the rest of the parts in for the last 12 boards hopefully tomorrow. I'll send PM's to those who are already "signed up" for them and how to pay for them. Then I'll look at trying to print up some more boards for those that didn't get any on the first run.

Any way, a bit of a sneak peak here. I've been busy with something I think should be in all solid state rigs. For the first time ever, I can say that I've seen a solid state RGB rig rival the output of a gas/pcaom system.... Coming soon to a projector near you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 123.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Any way, a bit of a sneak peak here. I've been busy with something I think should be in all solid state rigs. For the first time ever, I can say that I've seen a solid state RGB rig rival the output of a gas/pcaom system.... Coming soon to a projector near you!
    Put me down for one please.

-Jonathan

Cooool!!!!!!

are u using the the TL074??