Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: DB-25 ILDA breakout board

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Loopee, by the way, I just check out your projector build link in your sig line. Very, very nice work!

Hey DZ

Thanks for the comments, glad you liked it

I actually need to add some photos as I now have......

I meant to add

The two things the projector requires to be finished is

1/ Pango (purchasing in 20 days as long as the OZ dollar doesn't drop any further) and

2/a ILDA breakout board
    Last edited by loopee; 10-26-2008 at 05:16.
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Smile Update:

On second thought, put me down for two of these when you decide to make them.

Ok guys, here is the latest layout. If no objections by later today, I'll send it off to get printed. I doubt that I'll have a finished product by FLEM, but you never know! The LED has been moved to the board edge, I even found a nice right angle LED's at Skycraft in Orlando and they only cost 6 for $1. I looked for the other parts at Skycraft and found that I could get them cheaper online.

Mecheng, regarding your idea, I like it and came up with a better alternative, I think. How about a nice external box that you could attach to a projector that could be used to turn on and off individual lasers, and maybe even have a few test patterns stored in a prom that could be turned on and off. Maybe this is something we could all collaberate on. A nice little box with an LED display that would let you choose between the ILDA test pattern at 20, 25 and 30K, and the LaserMedia test pattern. Perhaps this would be very beneficial to the folks that dont have a way to properly display the ILDA test pattern at 30K with thier DAC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rev2.2.JPG  

I will have two too !
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

ill take 1 as well

The aft panel on my projector is cut, drilled, painted & ready for installation!

Gotta' PayPal link for pre-order payment?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Awesome! Welp, they'll be available very soon then.

Stuka, I guess I should make yours the first one out the door! I don't have any pre-payment setup for it just yet. I need to go over the traces one last time and make sure everything is right, then send off the order and order the components. When it all arrives, I'll verify everything is right with it, then send a link for payment. Still trying to iron out the final cost as well. I'm not looking to make anything off of this, but I don't want to loose anything either!

Ok, I've finished triple checking the board and finally ordered them. I'm getting ready to order up the parts for them, right now it looks like the final price per board is going to be $17.50 plus shipping. As soon as they arrive, I'll post a link to buy some! Thanks for all the input guys!

edit-
    scratch that, I just found a supply of the most expensive part on the board for about a third of the price! I'll update the price as soon as I can. Just a quick estimate though, around $15 plus shipping.

I, for one, don't mind if you make a little money on this, since you seem to reinvest in the hobby & fellow hobbiests quite routinely! So far, all the prices you have mentioned have been QUITE reasonable, especially given the price of the "bare" breakout boards I have used from other sources so far!

Oh, BTW - thanks for putting me at the top of the list!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    I, for one, don't mind if you make a little money on this, since you seem to reinvest in the hobby & fellow hobbiests quite routinely! So far, all the prices you have mentioned have been QUITE reasonable, especially given the price of the "bare" breakout boards I have used from other sources so far!

Oh, BTW - thanks for putting me at the top of the list!
    I just love all the Chinese vendors on ebay. I ordered all the parts, hows $10 a board plus shipping sound?! I always thought Jameco and Mouser had great prices! The screw terminals were going to cost .71 each, I just got them for .19 each! The most expensive part was going to be the switch block at 1.35 each, just got it for .33 each! Simply amazing, I just hope they get here!