Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: DB-25 ILDA breakout board

wow! amazing how a little searching can save you so much money!

good work dz and thank you!
    -Josh

Smile

Hey David! You're back!

How was Disney?

Put me down for one of these break-out boards, please. Can always use spare parts!

Adam

actually change me to two
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    wow! amazing how a little searching can save you so much money!

good work dz and thank you!
    Yeah no kidding, I still can't believe the prices!

Hey David! You're back!

How was Disney?

Put me down for one of these break-out boards, please. Can always use spare parts!
    Disney was great, we had a blast! Took the little one on Test Track and she loved it! We though for sure it would scare her. It was amazingly cold for central florida. Record lows on tuesday night so we had to bundle up pretty good.

this is all through mount right? i cant solder no smd..

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    this is all through mount right? i cant solder no smd..
    Yes, it is completely through mounted components. Though, you wont need to worry about that, as I plan on assembling these myself. I figure its only going to take 2-3 minutes a board for me. Unless someone really, really, really wants to put one of these together, they will all be done when you get them.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Yes, it is completely through mounted components. Though, you wont need to worry about that, as I plan on assembling these myself. I figure its only going to take 2-3 minutes a board for me. Unless someone really, really, really wants to put one of these together, they will all be done when you get them.
    now thats customer service!

quick side track question. from these suppliers or any for that matter do you know where to find little plugs kind of like the ones on the dt40 scanners for the signal wires?

or if you are familiar with laser wave units the white connectors for the modulation? i need quite a few and cant find them anywhere.

thanks
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    now thats customer service!

quick side track question. from these suppliers or any for that matter do you know where to find little plugs kind of like the ones on the dt40 scanners for the signal wires?

or if you are familiar with laser wave units the white connectors for the modulation? i need quite a few and cant find them anywhere.

Are you refering to the type of connectors in the photos below? If so, they are available from Jameco.com. I use them for most of my parts. The prices are pretty good (I thought), they ship quickly and the catalog is nice. I included a close up of the bag they are in as well as the pins you'd need for them. Its also nice to have the crimp tool, you don't need it, but it makes it easier. Plus, you can get the connector blocks in several sizes, the one in the pic is a 4 position connector block.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails connectors.JPG  

crimptool.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Are you refering to the type of connectors in the photos below? If so, they are available from Jameco.com. I use them for most of my parts. The prices are pretty good (I thought), they ship quickly and the catalog is nice. I included a close up of the bag they are in as well as the pins you'd need for them. Its also nice to have the crimp tool, you don't need it, but it makes it easier. Plus, you can get the connector blocks in several sizes, the one in the pic is a 4 position connector block.
    awesome those look like they would be great! i got crimpers too

i'll have to check out the site! thank you!
    Last edited by thesk8nmidget; 10-30-2008 at 12:01.
    -Josh

Ok, the boards have been printed and shipped. I also have about 1/2 of the parts in, just waiting on the screw terminals and switch block which have shipped from China.