Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: DB-25 ILDA breakout board

Default DB-25 ILDA breakout board

Hello folks, I was just looking for an opinion. I have been thinking about having a circuit board printed to make connections to an ILDA DB-25 connector easier. I remember someone linked to a generic DB-25 breakout board that broke out all the pins to an individual screw terminal. Instead, what I was wanting to make, is one that only breaks out the pins needed and have some other additional features. The board would measure about 3-3/4" by 2-3/4", silk screened to identify the individual terminal connections, have a switch block that allows setting an output to be either single ended or full differential, and have an additional connector block to attach, via ribbon cable, a DB-25 out for a pass thru to another projector. It also has an LED for the interlock loop and would also have the ability to include or not include (via switch block) a loop thru the ILDA out for a secondary projector.

If I have 20 of these boards printed, I can get the cost of the board and all the parts down to about $17.50 each. My question is, is there any interest in such an item, or would I just be waisting my time? The pic below is a prototype I threw together a few weeks ago, also another pic of it in use in on a small "projector" I setup for tuning scanners.

So, any interest?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails breakout1.jpg  

in_use.JPG  

I'll take 2.

Here Monday, right?

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Certainly! Actually, just a few hours ago as I was putting my projector back together I was cursing at the lack of something like this.

I'd even be interested in two.

Thumbs up

I'd grab one or two. I'll even beta test them for you.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Ha! Hey Stuka, well it would take 10 business days from when I order the boards to get them. I'm still kinda playing around with the design. The current layout doesn't have room for stand-offs to mount it to a board, instead it is kinda designed to mount from the DB-25 connector on the side of a projector and just hang. I'm going to redo the board to include space for stand-offs and which ever folks prefer is the ones I'll order. Here's a pic of the current layout, good luck making sense of it! Its a double sided board, so making sense of the traces on a print out wont be easy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails board1.JPG  

Awesome, thanks for the quick responses guys! If there's alot of interest I can order more and possible get the price down a bit more. So which do you guys prefer, a board that can stand on stand-offs or one that can just mount from the db-25?

Put me on the list for TWO!
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 10-30-2008 at 09:26.

Looks good!

I may have been the one that posted in an earlier thread - I've been using the ones from Winford Engineering. They are nice for bench work, but a little bulky for panel mounting - and cost a bit more than the price you're shooting for, as well!

If you can keep the size down for panel mounting, and have JUST enough room in the corners for mounting screws, that would be great!

If not enough rooom - "screw the screws", I'll take them as advertised!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Bet you could have sold a TON of these at SELEM!!!
    RR

Sweet.....

Ok cool, I'll let this thread run a few days to get a concensus on what people would like. I'll work on the other design with space for stand-off and post both designs.