Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: realtime 3D graphics preview

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Put me down for the road trip to the Hoover Dam - Tempest / Asteroids / Battle Zone Lase-Off!!

So what would it take to get Rob to release his efforts?
    I'm not against offering a nice bribe where appropriate - how about a bottle or two of Tennessee's finest sippin' beverage?
    Now we're talkin!

Zoof:

Kick Ass job on that 3D stuff! Any chance you can start developing your programs to work with the Pangolin SDK? That would be really cool! I'd personally be willing to pay for your games.
    Thanks!
    Adam
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 10-27-2008 at 18:13.

Just beautiful! I get Tron/early Amiga games vibes when I see this!

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Now you are in Hayden territory, Adam .

Bill

Now we're talkin!

Zoof:

Kick Ass job on that 3D stuff! Any chance you can start developing your programs to work with the Pangolin SDK? That would be really cool! I'd personally be willing to pay for your games.
    Thanks!
    Adam
    Hi Adam,
    Just to get an idea: what would you be prepared to pay for these games? They will be fairly simple in nature but the fact it is on laser display makes them great.

I think there are quite a few of us who would be willing to pay some for your games, so remember to keep them 'open hardware'

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Now you are in Hayden territory, Adam .
    Bill
    Nothing like a shot or two of ol Jack to spark some creativity after a long day. Gonna have to meet Hayden one day. I'm planning a trip to the Orlando area sometime soon. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to FLEM on the 8th, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    Hi Adam,
    Just to get an idea: what would you be prepared to pay for these games?
    Hey Zoof,
    That would be hard for a guy like me to answer since I'm not a programmer and have no idea what kind of time you have invested into it. However, I'd say anywhere between $25 and $50 per game would seem fair to me. I may be way out of line but I think you'd move quite a few at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    They will be fairly simple in nature but the fact it is on laser display makes them great.
    Absolutely agree.
    Thanks!
    Adam
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 11-08-2008 at 21:40.

or just do a new port of mame (well the vector games) that can work on a bunch of various dac's its been done twice as far as i know

As I'm finishing up (read: redesigning / re-inventing) the 3D rendering core that is the foundation of all my projects, I've tried to imagine how that works (laser MAME). Initially it is trying to fit a square peg that seems round in a round hole - just because it is vector based. I'm not aware of too many vector game out there and my guess is that it would take more work to get them to run properly than to code clones of the games from scratch that will run right because a lot of the details involved in laser display can be taken into account on all levels.

I saw the video on youtube of your 3D games a few days agom and instantly went "Where can I download these" In my head. They are very neat!

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I saw the video on youtube of your 3D games a few days agom and instantly went "Where can I download these" In my head. They are very neat!
    The 3D stuff is not downloadable (yet) but Laseroids, LaserTennis and ZoofScope can be downlaoded from:

http://www.creative-residue.nl/PL/