Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: realtime 3D graphics preview

Sounds great! No matter what it is, LD2000-users wanna have too!
    (Yesterday I took some time to create nice abstracts with "LAStudio Abstraction" which I enjoy so much more than the generator from LD2000. Also Draw3D is a handy tool for a lot of editing-things.)
    Last edited by decix; 12-24-2008 at 14:38.

here's me messing around with the 3D stuff a bit more....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoJJH9DDSME

Any graphic can be loaded from ILDA or SVG and be animated in the 3D world. Animations can be loaded as well. The 3D core is nearly perfected. The vid still shows a minor artifact but that has been solved already. Most of the effort went into good clipping routines but it was worth it. The 3D core will properly process any graphic thrown at it, 3D and 2D. Now all I need is more time to complete a demo version....
    Last edited by Zoof; 12-04-2008 at 00:15.

Thumbs up

Wow, must say I am really impressed.
    Your realtime blanking optimizer looks pretty neat too.

Superb! Such crisp corners and straight lines-
    I can appreciate the effort required to get things to look that good
    -Mike

i want i want i want i want i want......
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Excellent work, zoof! it looks very smooth even with the full grid and spinning meme, kudos to your optimization routines. Have you added more advanced point reduction and minimum path calculations than what was in laseroids?

I can't wait to be shooting at those little smiley faces flying around! He was just sitting there taunting 'shoot me shoot me'

oh very cool! thanks for sharing the latest!

im very excited to see where this goes!
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    I can't wait to be shooting at those little smiley faces flying around! He was just sitting there taunting 'shoot me shoot me'
    Wow- you read my mind all the way from Cleveland!

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Excellent work, zoof! it looks very smooth even with the full grid and spinning meme, kudos to your optimization routines. Have you added more advanced point reduction and minimum path calculations than what was in laseroids?

Thanks guys,

everything has been tweaked a little more since laseroids. Clipping has been completely redone. With 2D laseroids it would clip by just putting the outside point on the edge and blank it. Worked great for the laseroids case. But with 3D only a small portion of the 3D world is actually on screen so a much more efficient way of clipping was needed. Now only the points that contribute to the scene are drawn will minimum (more or less) use of blanking lines. This also resulted in a re-implementation of the sorting algorithm.

The cool thing is that the sorting is computed in the 2D projection space so when I run laseroids together with the 3D world the objects from both worlds get mixed and the near-optimal path is computed for all object on screen, regardless to which game the objects belong. This I can do from my master application that can spawn any game class. I do this to make sure that all progs stay compatible with the new graphics engine

Shooting will be added in due time poor little smilies...

U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,A,B,Select,Start
    MWAHAHA I HAVE 30 LIVES ! ! ! !
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group