Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling DrLavas LaserDACLibrary (UDAC) from C#.NET

Default Calling DrLavas LaserDACLibrary (UDAC) from C#.NET

Hi everyone Thanks in advance for your possible answers and help

Im working with DrLava LaserDACLibrary (UDAC)+Etherdream on C++.

The main thing is that I want to use laser projectors with a C#.NET software that I create some time ago. This software comes with two concrete funcionalities:

1-Play on screen preloaded animated gifs that came with the software.

For the First funcionality I thought to convert all my preloaded gifs to ILDA, read these ILDA files and save each preloaded gif to a .txt or .h file, using Chris cfavreau code. All this stuff will be done just one time and outside the software, I mean is transparent for users.

So when the user tries to play one of this preloaded gifs I will just have to open the selected (.txt or .h) file read the coordinates, send them to DrLavas UDAC + Etherdream and the scanner will show the animated gif.

2-Create and store animated gifs with a tool bar and play those animated gifs on screen.

I have not think yet how to convert this user created gifs to ILDA format or coordinates format that where valid for sending to UDAC +ETHERDREAM.

For my first prototype Im only working with the first funcionality. Until now I worked with C++ , but it wil lbe easier for to work with C#.NET, the problem is

How to use DRLavas Library from C#.NET. I tried using DLLIMPORT, but there are lots of pointers and other types that gives sosme problems converting to C#.

I get one C#.NET demo with DLLIMPORT working but it paints only strange forms, not painting what I send to paint.

Any idea about how to export or call or using DrLavas UDAC from a .NET project.

Thanks in advance

Osithlon

Quote Originally Posted by Osithlon View Post
    Hi everyone Thanks in advance for your possible answers and help

Im working with DrLava LaserDACLibrary (UDAC)+Etherdream on C++.

The main thing is that I want to use laser projectors with a C#.NET software that I create some time ago. This software comes with two concrete funcionalities:

1-Play on screen preloaded animated gifs that came with the software.

For the First funcionality I thought to convert all my preloaded gifs to ILDA, read these ILDA files and save each preloaded gif to a .txt or .h file, using Chris cfavreau code. All this stuff will be done just one time and outside the software, I mean is transparent for users.

So when the user tries to play one of this preloaded gifs I will just have to open the selected (.txt or .h) file read the coordinates, send them to DrLavas UDAC + Etherdream and the scanner will show the animated gif.

2-Create and store animated gifs with a tool bar and play those animated gifs on screen.

I have not think yet how to convert this user created gifs to ILDA format or coordinates format that where valid for sending to UDAC +ETHERDREAM.

For my first prototype Im only working with the first funcionality. Until now I worked with C++ , but it wil lbe easier for to work with C#.NET, the problem is

How to use DRLavas Library from C#.NET. I tried using DLLIMPORT, but there are lots of pointers and other types that gives sosme problems converting to C#.

I get one C#.NET demo with DLLIMPORT working but it paints only strange forms, not painting what I send to paint.

Any idea about how to export or call or using DrLavas UDAC from a .NET project.

Thanks in advance

Osithlon
    Gif to ilda????
    Gif's often have a lot of noise or are low quality.
    Gif to ilda would basicly be converting a picture to ilda (tracing)
    And it's not really worth spending ur time on.
    If you need images or a sequence converted, get a tracer like one included with quickshow of pangolin or LD2000 or beyond.

or drlava's lasercam or pangolins VST for realtime tracing

Hi masterpj

Thanks for your time,

Youre right, I talk to Drlava two weeks ago and he talked me about LASERCAM like a right solution for me to get my animations to ILDA files. So I left the GIF conversion problem behind, I will get LASERCAM and do the conversion when I solve my problem with Calling UDAC from C#.NET.

The main thing in this thread is the problem with UDAC and calling it from C#.NET, not the conversion from GIF to ILDA. I wrote some more of my idea so the people can have a clear idea of what im trying to do.

do you have any idea about DrLavas Laser Library and calling it from C#.NET?

Thanks again

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

lasercam works very well, but like all tracers, it's best when you have high contrast regions.

Hi masterpj

Thanks for your time,

Youre right, I talk to Drlava two weeks ago and he talked me about LASERCAM like a right solution for me to get my animations to ILDA files. So I left the GIF conversion problem behind, I will get LASERCAM and do the conversion when I solve my problem with Calling UDAC from C#.NET.

The main thing in this thread is the problem with UDAC and calling it from C#.NET, not the conversion from GIF to ILDA. I wrote some more of my idea so the people can have a clear idea of what im trying to do.

Thanks again
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hi masterpj

Thanks for your time,

Thanks again
    UDAC?

No as far as I know you can only call Drlava's SDK from C++ ( I could be wrong, this is a drlava answer).
    Though I have heard several times its possible to make a bridge between the SDK and C#

Back to your point of gif, save yourself the tracing hassle (because gifs aren't exactly good)
    Hand trace your gifs because tracers don't actually know what you want to see, they look at contrasts as been said before.

Thanks Swamidog

I have already seen this video, is it yours?, great demo about what you can do qith LASERCAM, I found it on the forum searching for LASERCAMS threads when Drlava talked me about LASERCAM.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yes, it's mine.

Thanks Swamidog

I have already seen this video, is it yours?, great demo about what you can do qith LASERCAM, I found it on the forum searching for LASERCAMS threads when Drlava talked me about LASERCAM.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    UDAC?

No as far as I know you can only call Drlava's SDK from C++ ( I could be wrong, this is a drlava answer).
    Though I have heard several times its possible to make a bridge between the SDK and C#

Back to your point of gif, save yourself the tracing hassle (because gifs aren't exactly good)
    Hand trace your gifs because tracers don't actually know what you want to see, they look at contrasts as been said before.
    I call it UDAC, Universal DAC LIbrary, I think I read this word from j4cbo, when talkin him about etherdream and the possibilities of using it with my own code.

As I wrote on my post, Im able to build a bridge to call C++ functions from C#.NET by using DLLIMPORT, the problem is that I made some type conversions with pointers and the code is not working properly, it detectcs ETHERDREAM , sends the paint order usin write_frame function, but it paints strange things, not what I really send.

I also tryied the simplest way referencing DrLavas DLL, from my C#.NET project but it comes out with an error. So Im looking for another way to do this or any idea of what Im doing wrong with the type conversions.

thanks

You might want to get ahold of Mike North (mnorth???) or Gary (johnyayas) on here. I think they both program in C#.NET and might be able to offer some pointers on pointers in C#.NET.

Ok

I will try to contact them

thanks Chris.