Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laserworld Proline 750 RGB Review (at last!)

Thanks,

The glue appeared the same, factory install looking. In addition all modules are analog.

I may not even have to test the laser diodes because I can see through the inked out power values and to no surprise...
    Green 532nm = <50mW
    Blue 473nm = <50mW
    Red 635nm = <150mW
    I tried my best to take a quick picture but I think I will need to give it another shot. Hopefully this is all the proof I will need.

Laserworld also left me a nice present inside...

It doesn't necessarily mean thats what they're making as they could well be overdriven.

deja-vu! hmmmmm
    http://inselaffe.org

http://www.myspace.com/majorleeblunt

An Eye for a Eye only makes the World Blind - Ghandi

Laserworld 750mW Proline RGB
    Laserworld Quad 400mW RG
    Lanta 180mW RGY

Default Not Alberta, but Vancouver here.

Hey neighbour;

I bought the same Laserworld 750 RGB a few months ago on ebay and to read through this made me sick. I, no doubt, have had the same problem with laserworld.

I have yet to test my laser for actually legal proof of being under spec'd but its clear to me that it is. If anyone here lives in Alberta, Canada, who has, or knows of a place for it to get tested, I would like to meet you.

Not in your province but Vancouver is not a world away. I have the Laserworld Pro 1500 RGB but have yet to test its power output. I just purchased a brand new Ophir OEM claibrated smart head off Ebay that can be used with a regular multimeter. I will let you know how it turns out.

I did not purchase my projector off Ebay so I'm hoping that it's not just a matter of them selling sub standard units on Ebay and their better units directly.

If i can help in any way let me know.

Pete

Default Sorry, also new at posting.

Sorry Luminator, i meant to quote some of your post but should have previewed it first before posting.

Pete

If you test it make sure you do it pre-dichro. Apart from dichro losses, there's also the fact that the red beams in these units are HUGE. A lot of red probably never exits the projector becuase it misses the mirrors so if you test it after the aperture ie from outside the case, it will not give a true reading of what the actual laser diode itself is actually outputting.

Unfortunately, there's nothing in the way powers are measured that says that the quoted power is what it actually puts out of the projector and not the diode so dichor, mirror and beam losses have to be put up with.

That said with mine, the 557mw from the red was obtained even though some of the beam was larger than the meters sensor so clearly missing it.

I suggest you look for a laser company in your area and then take it to be tested. A small fee would be well worth paying if only to find out. If you have a video camera, ask if you can video the test as proof.

Thanks for all they help.

I did consider that by ">50" Laserworld would claim that this could potentially be 150mw. Ironically they accidentally, or by idiocy, thought the guarantee was for 75mW and said "the >50mW blue lasers are in the range of 50-100 mW - typically 75mW, as stated." Ooops! They just confirmed its underpowered by accident.

I cant see them sending out replacements, ect, no matter what proof is against them.. Although I will try to get it tested locally soon anyway. My old 50mW green projector is overpowering this thing.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Arrow

Nice to see that a quick "Google" for Laserworld Review brings this thread up as the 7th hit.

Luminator: Was there any resolution to your issue of underspec'd lasers from Laserworld?

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Luminator: Was there any resolution to your issue of underspec'd lasers from Laserworld?
    This is his last email, clearly neglecting its under a 1 year warranty . . .

Which, by the way, is not 150mW as you claim, the Pro 750 is typical 750mW with 150mW blue, guaranteed 600mW, so the guaranteed blue is, of course, not 150mW.

Anyway, we don't sell underpowered lasers. We sell around 1500 projectors of all sizes per month. I really don't think we could still be in business if we sold underpowered lasers. (I don't understand why their still in business either, and if that really is their volume of traffic, that saddens me)

If you don't believe me - and I don't think you do - please look up the power range for that kind of lasermodule at cnilasers.com. Maybe you believe them. (couldn't find the model I had on the site, but the 150mW blue they offer is not the same)

Furthermore, please understand that laser, as all light source, are not under waranty. We usually replace lasers that fall beneath their power in the first three months, as a gesture of good will. After 4 months we offer replacement at our cost price. So, if you want higher powered lasers, we can make you a quotation. (after all this, he tries to sell me more!)

I know it is tempting to have a set of replacement lasers for free after using them for 4 months. But I think you agree that such behaviour from our side would not be reliable, or responsible. At least I never heard of a company doing something like that." (ya, honoring your warranty, never heard of that before)

At this point I have to just get over it and move on, I'll continue to heckle him just for the sake of making things miserable for them but they will not send me a replacement.

However, I did find this . . .
    Unfair Commercial Practices Directive
    http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/cons...ucp/index.html

Also for others in the same situation who may be reading, check out this (warning PDF)
    http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file46035.pdf

you should forward that BERR information to the guy at laserworld and have him read over it.
    Also you should make it a point to reference this thread and slam his business at every chance you get (including reviews on other sites) and see if a one man campaign can make a difference (it is a small community)...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group