Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Platinum is Awesome. Really.

Yeah, as evidenced by the "Excedrin Headache # 239" that a lot of us had the morning after!

Still, it was one hell of a party. Granted, the pre-SELEM party this year was a lot of fun as well. We just didn't consume as much alcohol this time. (Maybe we're getting old?)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

Granted, the pre-SELEM party this year was a lot of fun as well. We just didn't consume as much alcohol this time. (Maybe we're getting old?)

Adam
    And it's probably a good thing, too -

Can you IMAGINE the potential combined effects of those multi-projector surround-sound sensory-overload shows we were running, along with a serious tequila / beer hangover?

Yuck!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Or... you've just stumbled onto a new field of laser therapy.

Eyes, skin, hair, HANGOVERS!

That would be something for a SkyMall catalog. "New! Laser Hangover Removal!"

-Jonathan

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    "New! Laser Hangover Removal!"
    I'd be willing to try it...

Adam

Haven't had a drop since SELEM in August.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Ohhhhh! I remember that headache.

James.

What's wrong guys? Couldn't handle "The Beast" that night?

(For those of you who didn't know, James, Platinum and I had a little drinking party Saturday evening, actually morning. The poor neighbor next door left me a note in the morning complaining we kept them up until 3:00AM. )
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 11-06-2008 at 18:50.

Default Personally I have just received 1st roll of Indium it the Xhit

I am Discovering wonderful uses for Indium!

It is used in laser cavities now to hold small optics in position.

They are placed on a pedestal, and on top that a peltier and then you hold a optic with a micromanipulator apply electric to peltier indium melts you position optic, reverse current to peltier solder solidifies, optic is frozen in place!

Cool Stuff very soft great for gaskets under laser diodes, atop processors, around laser crystals.

It's very soft and conforms to any imperfections!

It makes great material for jewelery, it has uses in electronics, dentistry, laboratories and of course, it's an element.

I have yet to figure out how exactly this is Administrative News...

Then again, perhaps if Photonlexicon ever starts trading in futures to cover (or require more) operational costs, platinum would be a good choice. There.

-Jonathan
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by frank_1257 View Post
    I am Discovering wonderful uses for Indium!

It is used in laser cavities now to hold small optics in position.

They are placed on a pedestal, and on top that a peltier and then you hold a optic with a micromanipulator apply electric to peltier indium melts you position optic, reverse current to peltier solder solidifies, optic is frozen in place!

Cool Stuff very soft great for gaskets under laser diodes, atop processors, around laser crystals.

It's very soft and conforms to any imperfections!
    Indium foil rocks! best contact material out there.

Cool

I need source of foil for my laser diodes so far i have only found wire it is so soft i can probably roll out with a steel rod.
    If you have a good foil supply please advise!

Hey just got a cool as shit mini version of the 20watt ophir smart head laser power detector it has a 4 pin header this one is cute small about 1.5 inches square supposedly good for 5 watts 1mw=1mv output to 5volts=5watts going to stick it 2 9vdc batteries and a little panel meter in a pvc plastic square pipe with end caps very cool for $65

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Indium foil rocks! best contact material out there.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

I bought mine on ebay a few years ago. Check out this guy. I'm sure he can hook you up with foil. http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/indiumsamples

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    What's wrong guys? Couldn't handle "The Beast" that night?
    (For those of you who didn't know, James, Platinum and I had a little drinking party Saturday evening, actually morning. The poor neighbor next door left me a note in the morning complaining we kept them up until 3:00AM. )
    No no no no no no....
    The NEXT night when we.......

Accidentally killed tens of thousands of people with Jonathan's laser. The 13 beers was nothing! Oh my God the horror! Take a look a Google Earth. You'll see there is a smoking crater where Newton, NC used to be.

Oh shit! I gave away our little secret!

James.