Thread: new years

Default new years

hi i have this file i need changing to 2008 instead of 2002 can anyone help?

thanks alot oli
    Last edited by oliverst14@hotmail.com; 02-20-2009 at 08:36.

Default re

i know it is. i thogh someone might know an easy way of doing it????

its a really neat new year countdown though

pls someone help

thanks oli

A few points about this animation.

First, it was created with Pangolin's Lasershow Converter MAX. Someone with the original source file (not the ILDA file, but the source file) could easily change it, and then re-render it. Alternatively someone could re-create it from scratch using MAX or Cinema 4D.

Second and more importantly, this animation was originally made by Lightspeed Design Group. It is covered under a license agreement. Some person purchased it from Lightspeed with the agreement not to distribute it further. Well, that "some person" obviously did distribute it further, placing that "some person" at risk.

Lightspeed has already successfully taken action against a company in China that was distributing Lightspeed content without authorization to do so... This particular file has no business being in a public forum.

Best regards,

William Benner

Default re

right well ill remove the link then

cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    right well ill remove the link then

cheers ollie
    Thanks Ollie!

I also mentioned the file to Rob, the Admin of this forum. Also, the very first post (sticky) in this forum tells people not to upload copyrighted content.

I appreciate that there might be a lot of frames out there, for which nobody really knows where they came from. But I think it's a good idea that -- if you don't know where it came from, don't propagate it further. If it looks like professionally-made artwork, it probably is .

Bill

Hey Bill,

it might be easier to deal with all this sort of thing if the next version of the ILDA file format had a metadata chunk that could tell you about the creators of the file and their intended licensing agreement. Not DRM (that would obviously break compatibility, limit exportability, and anyway we won the DRM battle) but just copyright and distribution info.

Something you ILDAnauts might like to think about :-)

I think it would be, essentially, impossible to truly "extend" the ILDA format beyond where it is now, without the great probability of "breaking" people along the way. Rather, what is needed is a whole new ILDA format based on newer-style "tagged" file format ideas, which could be extended much easier in the future. This has been discussed (in fact, even discussed when formats 3, 4 and 5 were being debated in 2002) but, sadly, the activity in the ILDA Technical Committee these days is at a stand-still. (I was going to write "snail's pace" but a snail moves 50MPH compared to the current ILDA Technical Committee...)

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    the activity in the ILDA Technical Committee these days is at a stand-still. (I was going to write "snail's pace" but a snail moves 50MPH compared to the current ILDA Technical Committee...)

Bill
    they are really really busy doing commercial things and making money...

:-)