Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: ATTN Lexicon News about Adam Buffo

Good luck Adam - may the photonic gods look down on you with coherent light.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

good luck dude! Hope you get well fast!

Good look with the op Adam.

Carl

Hey Adam lets hope its the laser knife as you deserve the best.

Hope everything goes well and see you on here shortly.

Look on the bright side, recovery time = posting time! I look forward to some interesting essays.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

Can't help but feel sorry for him.
    Not for the op but for the sheer volume of posts he'll have to catch up on when he returns.

Good Luck Buff.

I didn't know about any of this. Got a shock seeing the first page and the post count. Ò^O

And does it matter which knife it is? O^Ó Laser might not have the defined cut that a blade will, in some cases. I hope they pick the right one.

Adam, did you get to meet the surgeon beforehand? I insited on it once, before a critical operation that might have cost a major facial nerve, helps that they don't see us as meat. Hard to be careless with talking meat. Anyway, good luck, always some of that needed too. (I don't really think that surgeons are careless, but I do think the connection should be established if possible anyway).

I got lucky, I had a slipped disk once. Prolapsed I think though, not ruptured. Very scary at first, got it while bending to pick up a small 6V lead acid battery. I mean small, no way would that move normally do what it did, but that time it did. I felt the pain shoot through my entire leg, and felt sick, very close to vomiting, and knew that I had to figure out what moves and postures could be safe as quickly as possible. Turned out that walking with very small steps was the only way to get relief, sitting was impossible at first, would have been agony, and likely have ruptured or displaced the thing onto a nerve as yours seems to have done. It slowly healed though, as I realised that after a half hour of careful movement it was getting no worse, so I knew I could avoid upsetting it. Once I read up on it a bit I knew I could rely on it to behave itself so long as I gave it an easy time.

Re strangely unstoppable pains, I had one like that once, in a knee. it was so bad that one moment I had to move to avoid it, the next, had to stop moving. No swelling, no obvious signs. I doubt opiates would have touched it, but never even tried, I got to a doctor who prescribed strong anti-inflammatory and paracetamols, both way above over-the-counter strengths, and said I should take them for a month. Pain was gone in 5 days. Took three before it felt like responding at all, but it did go. And I never found out what the cause was either. Strange that so shocking an amount of pain can have no sign of why it happened. All the obvious pain-causing stuff that happened to me before never hurt that way.

EDIT: Soforene, you know that your avatar will bring all the boys to the yard, if not right into the house, don't you?
    MORE EDIT. No, not that one, the other one.. The new one invokes my fear of clowns.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 12-31-2008 at 02:26.

Adam,
    My prayers will be with you. We all are looking forward to your speedy recovery. But I am sure not as much as you are. Take care of yourself.

Default Good luck

Good Luck. Me and Terra Watt 'ill say a prayer for ya !!! " Talking Meat "...
    thats funny. !!! GOOD LUCK !!!

BoB n' Terra
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Best luck for tomorrow Adam!
    I am sure everithing will go fine.
    GO ADAM GO!
    Steve
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps