Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: "The Quest for the Copper Vapor" - Oregon to Massechusetts and back.

I'd definitely post something beyond this, but I'm borrowing some computer time at a friend's parents'. (I'm at my parents' for Christmas and they have no internet thanks to an un-updated Comcast account that fell victim to an expired debit card)

I'll get back on here soon though and post up some pics and more of the story from The Quest for the Copper Vapor: The Voyage Home.

Hope you're all having a very Merry Christmas!

-Jonathan

Any idea how long before we can all drool over the copper vapour working?

Turkey In A Tree!

Turns out we're not the only ones who have seen this city dwelling bird. http://www.wcbs880.com/Turkey-on-the...l-Park/3665021

Jonathan found the article and sent it my way to post. See pictures and video a few posts back.

Video #3, had some mighty dub cats going, very nice.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

In video 3, anyone else notice how stoned/drunk James was? He even fell onto his own artwork it appears

I think it was James, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    In video 3, anyone else notice how stoned/drunk James was? He even fell onto his own artwork it appears

I think it was James, anyway

Everyone was a little hammered that night. (see pics of me knocked out... ) I think we went through 3 or 4 cases of beer between us and I don't think MixedGas or DrLava had any.

Default ..this reminds me.....

I may as well finally post some pictures:

This is Oregon near Bend (right before Sisters, OR) This picture reminds me of how carefree I was at this point.

Nevada? No, Oregon East of Bend. I was pretty impressed with this road. My van had never done 110 until then.

What another picture of the van? This picture marks a point in time that is even closer to "the fear" that began to set in once I tried to start it. (My friend and I had stopped to rehydrate the high desert a little.) The van finally started and I resolved to get a battery as this starter issue had been a gradually worsening problem over the last year or so. I figured the battery was on it's last legs.

I look so cheery here. "Just putting a battery in and we're on our way! What could possibly go wrong?"

This is a pretty good view of the hills we almost ran out of gas in. I drove about 25 miles past the point where my trip computer said I had 0 Miles DTE. (distance to empty) Fortunately, we made it to a tiny gas station where there were two people, one guy that owned the place and pumped the gas and ran the bar/store inside, and what appeared to be his most loyal customer. (note: there was not much around these parts) It was at this gas station that I realized that most people can't hang when you tell them you're going to pick up a giant laser in Massachusetts.

[Fast forward a little]

I saw this in West Omaha. Seriously?

========================================
    Insert Adam's pictures/video here to fill in the gap.
    ========================================

Rest stop in Wisconsin or somewhere around there. Apparently this snowstorm never stopped and it's still going at Adam's or something.

[Fast forward a lot]
    These three are from Fargo. I felt that pictures should be taken.

Montana!

Home on the Range! (No deer or antelope, that I could see...)

This is what I look like when I really don't want to be driving anymore. I think I had been driving for 16 hours with a 45 minute cat-nap somewhere in N. Dakota.

Montana again, for the curious.

Let's see.... ah, still there. (yes, I was eating fruit snacks)

Some of the most dangerous driving conditions were actually closer to home. (Definitely not counting the whole Idaho/Spokane ordeal)

Oregon border here.

I-84

I-84 again

"What's that up ahead?"

One of the best moments on the whole trip! Right as I pulled into Portland, the sun came out and I was actually sort of scared as I figured I'd be run over by a tractor-trailer or something for thinking I had made it.

And there you have it. I should have been more diligent and taken more pictures as I definitely missed a couple of cool shots, but I suppose I was driving a lot and perhaps a bit preoccupied from time to time.

-Jonathan

Hey Jonathan Platinum, next time you are in the High Desert of Bend Oregon get a hold of me. That one picture looks like you were heading to Burns or Brothers in the high desert of Oregon!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Hey Jonathan Platinum, next time you are in the High Desert of Bend Oregon get a hold of me. That one picture looks like you were heading to Burns or Brothers in the high desert of Oregon!
    Will do! I'm sure once it warms up my Bend friends will have me out to do a show or two.

-Jonathan

Default Touché! ;)

..OK, so I didn't drive 6,000 miles (only about 40) and I didn't break-down 14 times and way-coolly get rescued by my regional PL-pals / get-to laser-party 'til dawn, and no, these lasers are not 9 ft long nor 1100#s......but I got minor frostbite, does that count?

Just teasin, J... these were from a small 'recon-mission' for 'GooeyGus'...but my packed-out Jeep made me think of your Great Adventure here, so I figured I'd stop-by and see how your CV-project is comin along, via a friendly 'threadjack'...

KIT, bro...
    j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08496.JPG  

DSC08498.JPG  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...