Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Quest for the Copper Vapor" - Oregon to Massechusetts and back.

Dammit man... It does sound like you had the odds stacked against ya. Be safe on the way back.

Damn! Now I have to eat 6 lbs of ribs all by myself!

That's too bad man... You were 1/4 the way there. Well, Since you're in Illinois already; you're welcome to stop by for dinner and a light show before heading back. If not, no big deal.

P.S. I'll help get you a good rate on shipping. I have some really good contacts.

Good Luck getting home! I hope the best for ya man.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    . . .Well, Since you're in Illinois already; you're welcome to stop by for dinner and a light show before heading back. If not, no big deal. . .
    Ya know.. I just checked with Google and, apparently, you're only 3 hours from here.

If my repair goes smoothly tomorrow, I might as well head up before I head over. Who knows, those extra few hours might cause for better timing with the winter weather going back or something.

-Jonathan

That's the spirit! Again, If you can't make it, no big deal. If you can, just give me a couple hours heads up. I'll be home all day.

Lightbulb

Hey Jonathan -

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post

I'm not giving up the "Quest" per se, but it will probably have to be concluded with some sort of shipping method instead of a balls-to-the-wall trek across the country in a mini-van with 180k+ miles on it.
    Dude - I feel for ya - once, we were doing a small gig in Ohio (it was small-enough, we took our old shop-van (Econoline) and when we were all set-up, and the show was ~1 hr out, I tell my Tech, 'hey, man we're set, here's the keys, go grab us some grub, cool?....'

...So he calls me like 20 min later, and he's all, 'Umm...Jon..umm, your tranny just turned into a bowl of oatmeal with metal raisins in it...' and he grew-up in a garage, so I knew it was pointless to ask him 'are you sure?...' yeah, he knew... So we bloody had to take a cab (in a cabless town ) to rent a 'U-Haul' - and of course, the only thing they had available was a 26-footer, (remember, we had-fit all the show gear in an Econoline...)...with a cab / engine from, I think, like 1946... We B A R E L Y made it back to Roc in that thing before it just sputtered-itself-off... Lesson-learned? Never choose U-Haul - cause that's what you'll end up doing - yoU'll haul it!

Anyhoo, point I wanted to make was, IF it helps you, I can offer to 'store' it, free, in our Rochester shop (~7 hrs from Boston-area) and even test it (free) for ya, since we've got plenty o' 3Ø, etc... then when you come out for the next SELEM / other-LEM, this-way, we might be able to arrange a middish-point meeting, somewhere - I know we have gigs coming up in early '09, where it will be likely... I'm only saying this cause you're probably gonna drop a good-deal more $$ than you spent on it to ship it - properly - so it gets to you in as-bought condition...

Offer is on the table - PM or call me if ya want, and we can chat it up... May very-well be up in that area before NYE...

Safe travels, dude... Lemme know..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Default Re: dsli_john

Wow, thanks for the offer! That very well may be a good option at this point. I'll get in touch with you tomorrow. For now, it's sleep time.

-Jonathan

Hey Jonathan -

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Wow, thanks for the offer! That very well may be a good option at this point. I'll get in touch with you tomorrow. For now, it's sleep time.
    Right-on... well, I'd still take-advantage of 300's 'shipping-hookups', at least so you know the pricing, but just a friendly, *seasoned* tip, if you decide to ship - DON'T just let them 'strap that thing to a pallet' - see pics below, as-to why - best get it 'crated' - something like pic #3, there, but not necessarily that 'fancy'...

...Yes, it will cost more that way, but long glass tubes and pallets and winter DON'T make for a very good 'threesome', trust me... And we all just had a good reminder from Marc's (Gottaluv...) Vegas-ventures, there, about just how fickle 'lady-luck' can be, right??

Anyhoo, 'sleep well, and dream of large, green-and-gold beams' and we'll chat with ya on the 'morrow...

peace..
    j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05221.JPG  

DSC05227.JPG  

171-1.jpg  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Yuck! Is that coolant or some carcinogenic dye?

I remember once having to clean a whole bottle of red wine out of a brand new copier because someone got a little drunk at an office party. (not me!) You wouldn't believe how sticky that stuff gets after a month. Took a whole week just to take whole machine apart and clean it out.

UPDATE: It appears that the alternator on Jonathan's van was bad (as he previously suspected) and has replaced it. He should be at my house in less than an hour. Wish him luck!

That's dye. 0.o It's one of those Coherent Laser systems that looks like a table on the top.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)