Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Quest for the Copper Vapor" - Oregon to Massechusetts and back.

Glad to hear you finally made it. That is hell of a laser! For the trip back you should mount it on the roof in case anything gets in the way. Just take it easy when you turn so the car doesn't flip over.

Once you get back home you just need to put it on your "miniature" death star and achieve world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    That is a sick laser

Do you know anything about the working condition?
    It looks relatively new or really well kept. The mineral oil in the thyratron cavity could use replacement and some cords could use some love too, but overall, it looks great. The optics are pretty good looking too,

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Glad to hear you finally made it. That is hell of a laser! For the trip back you should mount it on the roof in case anything gets in the way. Just take it easy when you turn so the car doesn't flip over.

Once you get back home you just need to put it on your "miniature" death star and achieve world domination.
    Word domination.. I hadn't considered that.

-Jonathan

Weather report- we got about 2 inches of snow in bend. Mountain pass are in winter storm advisory. Chains required. there was also snow falling on the beach. But it will probably be a while before you are back in this neck of the woods....oh by the way...nice Big A laser!

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Weather report- we got about 2 inches of snow in bend. Mountain pass are in winter storm advisory. Chains required. there was also snow falling on the beach. But it will probably be a while before you are back in this neck of the woods....oh by the way...nice Big A laser!
    Thanks. :-) I brought some cable chains -basically to avoid getting a ticket, but I'll use them if I really need to.

So far, I plan to go North through Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington (Spokane), and then down to I-84 from there.

I'm going to research options a little more before I leave Adam's in Lake Geneva tomorrow.

That just figures that all the cool weather shows up when I'm gone. I hear even the valley is getting some interesting weather.

-Jonathan

If your taking I-94 you should stop by. I'm just a couple minutes off 94 in Minneapolis. You'll pass right by.

-George

This is when you rent a U Haul truck to drive back home! I don't think that is going to survive that long! (the car)
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    This is when you rent a U Haul truck to drive back home! I don't think that is going to survive that long! (the car)
    Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    . . .Apparently, the alternator plug terminals were loose and the plug was basically hanging there. After tweaking the terminals with some pliers, it seats in there like new!. . .

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I'm saying that that car does not look like it will survive long with a 1100 pound laser in it!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

OMG That friggin thing is huge compared to your van. Good wishes for a safe return home.

Well, the van is not overloaded according to the specifications. We made it from Massachusetts to here in Akron effortlessly. (granted, we have to keep in mind that the stopping distance is a little different.

I *did* lose 1.1MPG off of my average fuel efficiency, to note.

-Jonathan