Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Quest for the Copper Vapor" - Oregon to Massechusetts and back.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    How do you go about safely testing that? I mean, it's overly lethal power, what if it starts arcing?
    unlike cheap solid state lasers, it comes with diagnostic test points.

when you pay over 100,000 for a laser, you expect some features.

Steve

Default CVL Quest Part 2...

So... After Chicago the trip was a little uneventful for most of the day. We talked, listened to my XM radio and stopped for gas or food once in a while.

Here is us in Ohio getting gas.

Me, being all "EVIL" as usual...

We continue on our journey into the late evening and decide we should stop by NYC since we have a few hours to kill until BMI (the guys with the CVL) opens in the morning.

On our way to NYC! Cool!

Well... too "cool" in my opinion. We decided to stop at a rest stop in Pennsylvania to see if we can diagnose why we don't have washer fluid pumping and see if we can fix it. Well, somehow we managed to lock the keys in the car! After about 20 minutes of panhandling for a coat hanger we finally find a deaf guy who has a 10 gauge piece of solid copper wire. After about 15 minutes of jerking it around the door seal we manage to hit the unlock switch! YAAAAAAAHHHH! We're back on the road! Sorry no pics... the camera was in the car.

At about 1:30AM we finally reach New York City!

Couldn't pick a better time to tear up the town, so we did!

Our first stop was the "INTREPID"

Why stop and park in some expensive parking spot and walk 10 blocks... We just parked right there in front of the damn thing!

After that, we decided to stop at "ground zero" where the World Trade Center’s used to be to see how the new Freedom Tower construction is going.

My facial expression after seeing this eerie place...

Here are our "WHY!" photos at the entrance gate to the hole...

In memory of all those people...

So, after all of that. We desperately searched for a place Jonathan ate at in 2004. Thanks to my GPS we finally found it!

Who wouldn't want to eat at some dark alley restaurant in China Town at 3AM!

The place was actually packed.... Not surprised. NYC is the city that never sleeps. Everyone was walking around on the streets like it was 9PM. I actually forgot it was so late. Thanks Viso!

Anyway, we sat down at the restaurant and ate some excellent Chinese food. We also consumed a couple of Tsingtao's MMMMM!! Beer for breakfast!

Naturally the place was wall papered with money head to toe so we made sure to tag our turf.

Unfortunately there was no more room on the walls so we put ours on the ceiling.

Here we are gloating about the excellent meal.

After filling our bellies, we decide to go to Battery Park. Again, we park in a spot we are not supposed to…. Right in the freaking park!

The first thing we come across is a “Turkey In A Tree” Yeah, seriously… No hallucinogens were used. At first I thought it was just a bag in the tree but Jonathan was right, It was a bird! I’m telling ya… This was a full blown 15LBS+ turkey up in that tree! I know Turkeys can fly but in NYC? Up in a tree?!?!? Totally freaked us out.

We then walked to the bay to look at the Statue of Liberty to get our pictures taken… It was FREAKIN COLD!

More of the saga to come…
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 12-18-2008 at 09:27.

Default I got your more of the saga right here:

I'm camping in my van in Spokane. It's dumping snow and I barely made it here. Ideally, I'll just drive off in the morning, but that sounds too easy. I'm parked near 1st avenue, right next to a bridge downtown.

If anyone's in the area and wants to drop in, feel free to call. :-)
    (5o3.999.8o25)

-Jonathan

How was the Nuvi on such a monumental trip?

I feel a little humble putting this in any sort of context with what you have been through but I too am on a 'small' road trip type quest of my own this coming Saturday morning for exactly the same end product - a Copper Vapour Laser!!!
    An 8W one to be precise. I have a measly 226miles (452m round trip) to travel to pick the beauty up. I leave at 05:00hrs this Saturday morning from me homestead in South Lincolnshire to travel South to the South coast of the UK - Weymouth to be precise!

I am awfully excited to say the least
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

What are you getting, a Spectronika? Weymouth is just down the road from me. I dont know anyone down there that does lasers. Please tell more.

It's an Aesculap +ProYellow

It's in Dorchester to be precise
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Ahh, a medical laser. Where did you find that?

On the internet
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Jonathan,

It is now just starting to snow again in Portland, and is worse up north! Get moving it is going to freeze up after warming up yesterday! Good Luck, I will keep a lookout for a white van driving by...

Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.