Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser events around Seattle / Tacoma...

Question Laser events around Seattle / Tacoma...

It looks like I'm going to be in the Seattle area again next weekend supporting Uncle Sam's boys on some projects.

I'll probably have some time to kill over the weekend, so I was wondering -
    Anything "laserly" happening in the area next Saturday afternoon / evening? (14 August)

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Hey Stuka,

Check with Rick at Slick Lasers. He usually has events going on Thur, Fri, Sat here in Seattle and the NW area.

He is a member here too.

Not to take you away from lasers but every time I go to the Tacoma area. I hike on one of Mt Rainiers paradise trails. They are really strenuous to get a great view but I can do it and I am really out of shape. 2 weeks ago I hiked through the "upper skyline trail". Most of it was still snow covered because they got a series of late snow falls but it was 70 degrees during the day. I didnt even buy any extra hiking gear, Jeans, tennis shoes and t-shirt although different shoes and poles would have been nice for the snow, I did not have anything extra.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Copy of DSC00179.JPG  

Copy of DSC00172.JPG  

Copy of DSC00141.JPG  

Copy of DSC00177.JPG  

Copy of DSC00135.JPG  

Copy of DSC00224 - Copy.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Not to take you away from lasers but every time I go to the Tacoma area. I hike on one of Mt Rainiers paradise trails. They are really strenuous to get a great view but I can do it and I am really out of shape. 2 weeks ago I hiked through the "upper skyline trail". Most of it was still snow covered because they got a series of late snow falls but it was 70 degrees during the day. I didnt even buy any extra hiking gear, Jeans, tennis shoes and t-shirt although different shoes and poles would have been nice for the snow, I did not have anything extra.
    Awesome views!
    A bit of sight-seeing is definitely on the agenda if the the schedule stays intact.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for THAT one....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Awesome views!
    A bit of sight-seeing is definitely on the agenda if the the schedule stays intact.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for THAT one....
    To get to anywhere good on Mt Rainier it takes 2+ hours to drive to the Paradise area, say another 4 hours to hike up to where I was and if theres still snow on the ground 5 or more hours to hike down.

If you had to pick between Mt St Helens and Mt Rainier consider these things

You can hike to the top of Helens in 8 hours each way but it takes 4+ hours to drive there. The hike is super strenuous but doable with no training

You cant hike to the top of Rainier without lots of special gear, training and a week of time to go up and down but the places you can get without even thinking of going to the top are quite spectacular.

I think both parks cost $15 to get in but I am not completely sure on that.

I would suggest to anyone I know to take an entire day to go explore the mountain because although the pictures I have are great, it doesn't even get close to the way it looks in person.

I don't know if there is anything laser going on except for Laserium in Seattle. Wasn't that you that was going to do the Laserium tour last year with Alex? If yes, I can see if we could do that this year maybe.

For site seeing (without hiking) there are a ton of things to see in the Pacific Northwest. One thing that comes to mind is driving down to the Mt Saint Helens viewpoint if the weather is good. A trip to the ocean or take the ferry up through the San Juan Islands are both cool things too. All those can be done in a day.

I'm on vacation this week if you want to look me up when you get up here.

-Gene

Edit: The is a possibility of a smaller laser gig Saturday night. Nothing finalized yet, but it might be something fun if it happens. It would be a Slicklasers gig and I might come along and do some laser graphics.
    Last edited by Phredy1; 08-09-2010 at 18:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    I don't know if there is anything laser going on except for Laserium in Seattle. Wasn't that you that was going to do the Laserium tour last year with Alex? If yes, I can see if we could do that this year maybe.

For site seeing (without hiking) there are a ton of things to see in the Pacific Northwest. One thing that comes to mind is driving down to the Mt Saint Helens viewpoint if the weather is good. A trip to the ocean or take the ferry up through the San Juan Islands are both cool things too. All those can be done in a day.

-Gene

Edit: The is a possibility of a smaller laser gig Saturday night. Nothing finalized yet, but it might be something fun if it happens. It would be a Slicklasers gig and I might come along and do some laser graphics.
    Yeah, I was there late last fall, but wound up having to head out on a Friday morning
    (in fact, it was the day the Pink Floyd laser show played the Tacoma dome).

This trip, we're scheduled to leave fron Fairbanks, Alaska (I'm there now) on Friday, then head to Seattle (Ft. Lewis) for 5 days. I SHOULD have the bulk of the weekend free, so I would probably be up for checking things out Saturday evening if anything is happening in the immediate area.

I'll check back in as the week progresses...
    RR

Sweet.....

My ex is in Nenana. Think you could talk any of Uncle Sam's boys into using her for target practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post

-Gene

someone underbid like a mothereffer on that gig, so no slicklasers, and no neat beams.

just one ancient greenie.

Quote Originally Posted by DjHeadie View Post
    someone underbid like a mothereffer on that gig, so no slicklasers, and no neat beams.

just one ancient greenie.
    This is possible...but do you know which gig I'm talking about?

Edit: You were correct. No gig for Saturday night.....
    Last edited by Phredy1; 08-10-2010 at 12:49.