Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Quest for the Copper Vapor" - Oregon to Massechusetts and back.

video 3 ROCKS !!!!!!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Some pretty cool stuff! Vid 3 ftw as per above.. see a trend hahah.

Talking

WOW! That dude with the bare feet was messed up!

James.

jesus chr#st.. youre where pritty wasted!!!! wuahahahaahahaha

Default The CVL Quest Part 5....

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    WOW! That dude with the bare feet was messed up!

James.
    Yeah! Not as messed up as I was though!

Glad to hear you guys like the videos. I had a great time over at James' house. Seeing Steve again along with meeting DrLava and LaserGuy was great! James also showed us his homemade audio system. Truly awesome sound. He also explained the science behind their design which was fun to learn.

Oh, and the art! WOW! James really has a talent there. His house is like an art gallery. Lots of really cool stuff to look at.

Thanks again James!

In continuation to the story...

The day after AkroLEM Jonathan and I packed up our gear to get ready to head out. Before we were about to leave Steve called and said he was heading over with some galvos for Jonathan's laser. So, Instead of leaving, we hung out for a little while longer. We ended up watching the SELEM DVD in James' home theater and reminissed about all the fun we had and how to make it even better next year.

We ended up staying for a while and finally hit the road twards Wisconsin around 3PM. From there we drove for many hours until we reached the Indiana Illinosi border around 11PM.

Here's where we had a little more fun! Well, it turns out we ran out of cash for the tolls to cross the Skyway bridge heading into Chicago. So.... We decided to take the scenic tour of beautiful Gary, Indiana!

My GPS indicated a close bank with an ATM. Sure enough we get there and the bank is gone. We locate another bank on the GPS. That one is gone too! In the mean time we're wandering Gary looking for an ATM and all we are finding is abandoned buildings, burnt up houses and boarded up schools.

If you've never been to Gary.... Don't bother... This was my second trip to hell and hopefully my last.

What Gary, Indiana looks like... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0PB...eature=related

Anyway, We finally found a gas station with an "ATM" sign. Big mistake. There were a bunch of black guys loitering in front of the store and kept going back to their cars everytime they "met" with someone. Hmmm, wonder what they were up to. Anyway, Jonathan went in the gas station while I held up the fort at the car. I got really freaked out when I saw two of the guys block the doorway when he was about to walk out. They exchanged some words and he walked out. He got back in ghe car and we got the hell out of there.

Jonathan said they asked him if he "wanted to make some money". After explaining he was not interested. They said something like, "Whatcha doin around here man..." I guess the only reason to be driving around Gary at that time of night is to score some rock!

After that little oredal we should have just crashed through the toll gates instead of playing Russian Roulette in Gary. I'm usually not scared of much but Gary, Indiana is just plain freaky. They have one of the highest murder rates in the country for their population.

So, after that whole ordeal, wh had our toll money and made our way into Illinois. We finally made it to my house around 12:30AM Ofcourse, we spent that time messing around and posting on PL until 3AM or so. Jonathan even gave me his 405nm Kenom pointer as a gift for helping him pickup his CVL! WOW! What a gift!

We got up atound 11AM the next day and went out to breakfest. It was nice being back home and discussing all the fun we had. Unfortunately Jonathan still had a long way to go and had to get back home. We searched my house and his van to make sure we didn't forget anything. (Turns out we did, I have his snowboarding gloves and he has my Fluke multi-meter. We have to do some traiding now. )

Anyway, Jonathan finally left around 3:30PM that day. Now it's up to Jonathan to fill us in on the rest of his quest.

All in all, I had a great adventure! It was nice getting away for a couple of days. A truly memorable experiance. We met lots of people seen many great things and accomplished the task at hand that seemed impossible at times. The Quest for the CVL.

Hope you all enjoyed the story!
    Thanks!
    Adam

If you think that place looks bad, you should go to Grimethorpe in Barnsley or worse still Thurnscoe, Rotherham.

At Grimesthorpe, they have CCT cameras on every RESIDENTIAL street to watch the houses and even the CCTV cameras have to have barbed wire round them to prevent them from theft!!!

Houses have had all the tiles stolen off the roofs. I had a client there who had a new heating system fitted. He went out for the day. When he came home, it had gone. They'd taken not only the boiler and the rads, but stripped out all the pipework as well!!

Thurnscoe is worse still. There's an open rubbish tip as you drive in, they're landfilling by the side of the road. All the houses are run down terraces blackened by coal dust - terrible place.

Probably not as many shootings in either place, but far worse cosmetically. No trees by the side of the road as in Gary.

Grimethorpe:

Note CCTV camera on lampost to right of picture.

Part of Thurnscoe High Street:

HA! Yeah, I was sure someone from the UK was going to post with their bad local cities too. Unfortunately we all have some rough areas around us. Too bad we can't dump them all in Antarctica.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    AND... does the bitch work? Or what?
    I don't mean to stay stuck on the same subject or anything, but...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I don't mean to stay stuck on the same subject or anything, but...
    Jonathan received a very detailed user manual from Oxford but I think he still needs the other supplies on the list. It may be a while until that's all assembled.