Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your daily portion of Photons

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey RG -

Lol - Sorry, RG I was afraid that might happen (you'd think I was picking on you / your comment - it was not toward you, my friend! ) - it was really just a joke on Hugo - yes, the guy is great... but like I said - and I am sure this goes for most-everybody on PL - there are many, many talented laserists, here - you give any of us a 6-digit heap of money for lasers-unlimited, a ginormous, one-floor room like that, and a year to plan - - I think we could top Hugos's work... (all due respect, mind-you...)

So that's all...I just didn't want you to mis-understand cause I used your post as a 'springboard'...

peace, bro..
    j
    No worries my friend, was never offended
    Last edited by RGbee; 12-12-2008 at 01:04.

TBH I'm not sure about the year to plan bit. Hugo does many huge events other than Qlimax and no doubt many smaller ones. The budget certainly helps though. I guess its the size of the events in Holland that make it all possible. When you have up to 40,000 people in 1 building, you have the resources to pay for the best lightshows and in turn the fact that the top companies can charge so much to those promoters will fund the fantastic equipment they can buy. We have some big clubs in the UK and events, but over here you're lucky to see full colour nevermind OPSL. I think some of the PL members though are doing their best to alter the colour bit.

Quote Originally Posted by uncleworm View Post
    Here you can find a video of this party. It is the pre release of the DVD.
    That is rather stunning, I may need to buy myself that.

I'd still like to know how they get away with crowd scanning with those 5/10 w units. Over here, I wasnt allowed to crowd scan with a 500mw DPSS in an 8K person festival tent.
    Last edited by QUAZAR; 12-12-2008 at 04:59.

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    Over here, I wasnt allowed to crowd scan with a 500mw DPSS in an 8K person festival tent.
    Was that here in the UK?

Yes, Homelands and Global gathering.

Yes, Homelands and Global gathering.
    Bl00dy h3ll, that was you that did global gathering!?

Not the main contractorat Global. I just supplied additional lasers for Lab 4 who were playing there. Had a couple of Laser Quantum 500mW systems at Homelands for a few years as well though. Same rules, no crowd scanning at all except through a DG.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    A new Day, new Photons
    Now that is cool.

Not the main contractorat Global. I just supplied additional lasers for Lab 4 who were playing there. Had a couple of Laser Quantum 500mW systems at Homelands for a few years as well though. Same rules, no crowd scanning at all except through a DG.
    My god, Lab4!. i know of them, and Scott project, Yoji, Lisa.........etc excellent

Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    My god, Lab4!. i know of them, and Scott project, Yoji, Lisa.........etc excellent
    You must also know the lovely Annabelle as well then.