Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wobbly image

Check it out!

This is what my CT scanners looked like before I figured out that I had the scanners and the amps switched. IOW, the X amp was driving the Y scanner and vice-versa.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Does the FB3 output to a DB-25? Connect pin 25 from the FB3 to "common" on the power supply for the scanners.
    That's something I thought of doing also.
    I'll try it when it get back home to my projector this weekend.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Does the FB3 output to a DB-25? Connect pin 25 from the FB3 to "common" on the power supply for the scanners.
    Bingo...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I purpously didn't connect the signal ground to pin 25 because the writeup of Bill Benner about projector wiring mentioned not to do so ...

But I didn't have too much time sunday and i didn't try it out I'll try it on friday

Lightbulb

I tried that also and had a nasty wobble... pin25 to scanner common on PSU, wobble gone.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    I purpously didn't connect the signal ground to pin 25 because the writeup of Bill Benner about projector wiring mentioned not to do so ...

But I didn't have too much time sunday and i didn't try it out I'll try it on friday
    Well knowing that it isn't connected means this is definately, 100% the problem. The amps need some kind of reference, the differential signal alone isn't enough. If you re-read through Bill's recommendations, it should say somewhere in there about connecting ILDA pin 25 to the scanner power supply by way of "star grounding". Now, depending on how your projector is wired, this may not mean you simply connect it to "FG" or "GND". Which is typically "earth ground", you instead may want to connect it to the 0V line from the power supply, or "common".

Aaah, maybe if I join the grounds of the 24V psu for the scanners and the ground on the 5V psu I use to power all the rest (including the FB3)

But anyways, Isn't it the poin of differential receivers that they don't need a reference? Just a voltage between the two terminals ...

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

FourDee, or Niels if I remember right:
    where are you in Belgium? I would like to see a real RGB (if it is not too far) as an example for my own one (currently just a broken computer case on the attic )
    And don't forget to take pictures sunday!

I'm in Menen, that's pretty close to where you live if I'm not mistaking.
    I'm sure we can arrange to meet sometime (but first I need to address some issues (like the grounding problems))

I'll let you know
    Last edited by FourDee; 12-10-2008 at 12:50.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

That would be great! Maybe in a school holiday, for example the next one (first have to take a few more exams... only four... must... resist... urge... to... fall... asleep... must... study... only... four... left... almost... holiday...
    Sorry, I must have felt asleep in the past sentence )
    From what I understood in your posts you're also a student, because you were not home during the week?

Where do you live in Menen? I can take a train to there, if it isn't too far away from the station.
    Oh well, I will send you a PM with all details, when I have convinced my parents