Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: video tunnel

what i have done in the past for up to 8 screens is the matrox qid card with 4 outputs and 2 card per PC works great for video (no open gl)

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    what i have done in the past for up to 8 screens is the matrox qid card with 4 outputs and 2 card per PC works great for video (no open gl)
    Yes, that works fine as long as all you want to do is play video or show information stills (which is what those cards are intended for- info displays at airports and stock exchanges and the like).

Having done a couple of installations like this, I can't recommend Modul8 highly enough. You could even get all your video the right way up... plus it would be possible to do a true VJ performance on it.

the plan is i have 9 c2-400 scalers

http://www.tvone.com/articles/news05102007.shtml

these can do 10x zoom and pan , rotation

but since they have memory i think i am going to set 5 or 6 presets for different groups of tv's by sending the signal through the matrix switcher

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 07-28-08_1712.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    Yes, that works fine as long as all you want to do is play video or show information stills (which is what those cards are intended for- info displays at airports and stock exchanges and the like).

Having done a couple of installations like this, I can't recommend Modul8 highly enough. You could even get all your video the right way up... plus it would be possible to do a true VJ performance on it.

I'll chime in here...

While I can agree the modul8 is a pretty awesome piece of software, I still don't like having everything tied up on 1 computer. I've seen too many laptop DJs/VJs run only 1 computer and have that wonderful crash...Just kills a dancefloor.

My setup: SVM1000, 2)DVJ1000, Arkaos GrandVJ Software on 1 laptop, Tokyo Motion Dive 2nd laptop, Portable DVR, Numark Video Mixer, Wireless Video camera.

Where it seams VJ Aiwaz is doing a hard wired install, always best to use dedicated boards locked away in a rack. That way all your DJ for the night has to do is come in, plug in, and rock. Last thing in the world I like to see happen at one of my clubs is to have some DJ come in and tinker with all the settings. Everyone seams to be an A/V master, till they screw something up lol

Must say the setup going in is quite interesting, seams like it will be rather sureal to walk though that place at night. Personally I've always pushed multipul projectors across walls, mostly because people cant punch them

Keep up the good work, love to see some pictures when the place is up and going.

i already did a video wall for this club using projectors and a brick 2 video wall controller
    but the club worked out a deal with sharp and got 130 HD tv's for free so you work with what you got
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0026.jpg  

IMG_0031.jpg  

normal_IMG_7248.jpg  

normal_IMG_7251.jpg  

normal_IMG_7256.jpg  

Very nice work

haha yeah, I suppose if I got 130 TV's for free I guess I'd use them

I'm actually doing VIP booths at the moment, the wall partition is going to be lexan with rgb leds inside to give it a nice glow, along with 46" LCD on both sides flush mounted in. Debating removing the factory case buliding it inside the layers of lexan, or doing it with a traditional mount like you are.

these are some pics from an installation we did for David bowie when he curated the high line festival in NYC

we used frosted plexiglass and projected on them with 8 separate projectors from one PC running Isadora

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

3.jpg  

4.jpg  

About that club ... the should really get something better to put the DJ gear onto
    That table looks really weak, and you can see right under the table.

I find it such a contrast with the awesome video wall ...

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    About that club ... the should really get something better to put the DJ gear onto
    That table looks really weak, and you can see right under the table.

I find it such a contrast with the awesome video wall ...

haha you think that's bad? WOW you should come out to michigan sometime! Some of the setups for DJs out here would blow your mind...horribly! haha

although the new club I'm working on has a DJ table that is 2 stories above ground level, yet is grounded below the basment...A crazy long I beam supports the DJ table, cuts though the floors down 2 stories, and into the ground. It was explained to me that no matter what moves and shakes, your tables will never skip...crazy concept to me, but suposedly it work

Well you'll struggle to beat the gaffe someone made Boxing Day night at my favourite club who should know better being a world class name in the world of trance - the entire DJ booth powered from one industrial extension feed. One unprotected line across the back of the stage.

Judge Jules spinning some tunes and guess what? Roadie walks across the back of the stage, trips over the wire and this wrenches the plug out!!!!! Entire DJ booth loses power!

2,500 people stood there wondering where the musics gone!