Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changing Username - possible fund raiser

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I think the more advanced then advanced technical forum should exist, however I think it should be moderated by mecheng and myself. As I have wrote large amounts of Sam's FAQ, and worked for years in a academic enviroment, I suggest I'm qualified. Call it the Schalow_Bridges_Townes_Gould Advanced Laser Technology Forum?

Steve

I asked admin if he can make it so members with 500 or more posts can choose their own user title.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    isnt eckey eckey cekety what that perv character on family guy, says... Oh gigggity, giggity, giggity.... Well, close enough :-)

Steve

Steve, I'm shocked, SHOCKED! Is this something you don't know?!?! It's from Monty Python's Holy Grail!

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    I asked admin if he can make it so members with 500 or more posts can choose their own user title.
    nah, i think you should be able to choose your own user title when you reach senior member status...that was the benchmark right???

I think the more advanced then advanced technical forum should exist, however I think it should be moderated by mecheng and myself. As I have wrote large amounts of Sam's FAQ, and worked for years in a academic enviroment, I suggest I'm qualified. Call it the Schalow_Bridges_Townes_Gould Advanced Laser Technology Forum?

Steve
    Ill offer to field, modelocked, sync-pumped, cavity dumped, pulsed compressed, amplified dye lasers & stabilized frequency scanning ring dye lasers if that will help

Steve
    Does it need to be moderated? The rest of the forum isn't and it does just fine!
    CLICKY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Does it need to be moderated? The rest of the forum isn't and it does just fine!
    Yeah, if we're gonna do science instead of speculation, lets moderate it.

include the citations and experimental results, and prove the data.

Not stuff like "I think Laserbrain Corp orients their KTP at 45 degrees,"

Then I ask, "how do you know Laserbrain used 45' to the C axis".

reply, "ah I heard it from Billybob...."

most really technical forums have really stiff rules on whats a appropriate post and scientific posting style.

Steve

DZ wrote:

Steve, I'm shocked, SHOCKED! Is this something you don't know?!?! It's from Monty Python's Holy Grail!

End Quote:

No, I was too busy memorizing the "Holy Hand Grenade", and "I think that was a fair trial" scenes.

Besides, it doesnt matter, cause "I'm a Protestant"

(for those who wonder about that politically incorrect line, its a snide comment about idiology from Meaning of Life, every sperm is sacred scene.....)

Shown every year like clockwork, by the Religious Brothers, at my Alma Mater, Archbishop Hoban HS.

Besides the transient ischemic attack I had, acting like a "Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog", from the sleep apnea induced hypertension, got a few memories, and my spelling skills, few years ago.

At least I still remember the Bunny was white with red blood stains.

SO, for your new years resolution guys and gals, Get your BP checked , least ye not be able to recite the "trout slapping scene", when playing trivial persuit, or end up as crippled as the Knight at the Bridge. every memory is Sacred, ... so even if your a less then 20 something, get the BP checked. And if you snore, get checked for apnea.
    Both are silent killers.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 12-27-2008 at 20:41.

Yeah, if we're gonna do science instead of speculation, lets moderate it.

include the citations and experimental results, and prove the data.

Not stuff like "I think Laserbrain Corp orients their KTP at 45 degrees,"

Then I ask, "how do you know Laserbrain used 45' to the C axis".

reply, "ah I heard it from Billybob...."

most really technical forums have really stiff rules on whats a appropriate post and scientific posting style.

Steve
    I agree Steve, I just have had bad experience with moderation. I know it is always for the best, but if you close or remove a post like that, it can get some people really pissed. One of the reasons I like it here is because there is minimal moderation and people are free to say what they want. I don't think it is a good thing to go changing that, even for one forum.
    CLICKY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    "Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv"
    what about "NI, NI, NI" If you are referring to the "the holy quest" that is...
    you might have to cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring...