ok so now I have a pair of Cambridge Technology CB6580 rev d Galvo amps and need to know where to go from here, I know I need galovs now, but what can I use with this amp? I see alot of people use 6800's, but is that the best? and I need a manual, can anyone help?
Thanks
I have manual, schematics, and tuning and I went to the tuning class. Oh and I'm your neighbor.
Insert smiley here
Steve
Hello Steve,
I have bought 2 sets of CT6800HP galvos. There were accompanied by 2 some sort of driver boxes with 2 CB6580 Rev D amps.
Can you please send me a copy of the manual en schematics of the CB6580 Rev. D amps?
In the boxes is a 25P sub-D (ILDA) i think. But it is not clear to me how it was used for driving the laser modules also. Has anyone seen this boxes before?
Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
Join Date
May 2007
Location
A lab with some dripping water on the floor.
Posts
10,108
I have no idea if the board in the middle is a pass-through or breakout board for the ILDA color signal or if it is wired for Pangolin QM32, as some devices of that era were. .. You can check that with an Ohm Meter.. On the 6850 J-2 pins 5 and 6 are the differential input to each scanner driver board. If wired single ended, one of pins 6 or 5 will be grounded. J2- Pin four is signal ground, if it is used. With differential signaling, J2-pin 4 may not be used and could be allowed to float.
~
IF that were my box, I would be adding more filter capacitors in parallel with the existing caps. It is kind of minimal.
~
See attached... If you email Cambridge Europe with your serial numbers I am sure they will consider sending a full manual..
Steve
Last edited by mixedgas; 10-21-2018 at 13:07.
Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
When I still could have...