Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $139.000 worth of laser equipment stolen...

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Hmm, since the laser show is relatively small and somewhat tight knit, the perps usually get
    caught. Its just a matter of time- especially with higher power expensive items such as these- they will stick out like a sore thumb at some type of underground event-

i would research who owns the venue, and what other clubs he/she may own.

i would also request information about which individuals would have access to the stage during the hours the theft occurred.

your insurance agency may investigate as well. .
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    Hmm, since the laser show is relatively small and somewhat tight knit, the perps usually get
    caught. Its just a matter of time- especially with higher power expensive items such as these- they will stick out like a sore thumb at some type of underground event-
    and what usually happens is that the equipment stops working or something goes wiggy and the new owners start asking questions on the internet and the s()?T starts to roll downhill and the equipment gets trashed and dumped at some surplus store. It does show up again somewhere, look for deals!

the thiefs knew what they where steeling, so of they are smart they strip down the units and build a new laser, or sell the components.

8W for home use is a little bit overkill...

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    ...8W for home use is a little bit overkill...
    Never !!

But as this all happened on the 7th December (last year) I supect that the parts are already in someone elses projector by now.

But there again, if someone has a 4 watt blue for sale for a couple of hundred quid then PM me.

I hope you do not have black curtains in your house when you are setting up the beams for the beamchaser (livepro) with your new assembled 10W laser

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Safety first matey.
    Well aware that high powered lasers can burn black stuff I have taken the precaution of lining all my walls with Bacofoil.

Stand by. I'm about to power up !!

Default EU

i have a feeling that CHAVS aint stole that amount of power , and i would second its a inside job (they knew where u guys where gona stay etc etc ) and i really have a feeling they had a buyer(whats the point unless you have a BIG production company ) . gutted for them guys thats the sort of tech i am dreaming of , fingers crossed they have had the common sense to put smart water on there goods (only you will know where it has been put ) its as good as DNA , well not far short !!!, thats some powerful hardware to loose like that ,if that was my tech i would be looking for blood !!!!!!!!!!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I learned a few new words today, I had to look up what a CHAV was, thank you. And that led to ASBO.

have a good one.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I learned a few new words today, I had to look up what a CHAV was, thank you. And that led to ASBO.

have a good one.

Steve
    I remember when I looked up Chav. It was not eddifying. Drongo is far more interesting.