Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MB Show Package 3

Thumbs down

err...
    This make me pissed !!
    I have sent the "form" to MediaLas 2-3 weeks ago..
    But I have had no responce !!!!

I dont understand why there not is an automatic updater in the software itself..
    If not just a automatic e-mail that reply you with the mamba in a zip !!

A BIG BIG mistake of ML and dont reply.

I`m starting to understand that Pangolin is the only choice soon ..

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    err...
    This make me pissed !!

Hi,

I had filled the form more times before I've got the update. And I also had been sent email them again and again, because I wasn't sure they got my requests.They hadn't replayed me too. But one day I've received the file.
    (Maybe they went to holiday and all of them are skiing, so they haven't any time to send you an update (That's only a joke.))

There is an online update feature in the last release of Mamba.
    I would like to buy Pangilon, but I haven't enough money for it. Which I had, I've paid for the Mamba Black.
    So nowadays I can make shows only with MB.

The Pangolin is only a dream for me now.

Gabor
    Last edited by whiteg; 07-23-2009 at 03:55.

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    err...
    This make me pissed !!

I dont understand why there not is an automatic updater in the software itself..
    If not just a automatic e-mail that reply you with the mamba in a zip !!

A BIG BIG mistake of ML and dont reply.

I have been waiting for months and I mean months for my update file to be sent to me. From since I have had the product (May 2008) I could only use it live, I could not create a show and save it in ilda format for loading onto an SD card for use in a DMX SD DAC which I need to do in conjunction with the rest of my lighting that I control. There is no way I can operate 2 computers (or 2 programs together) and get a good sync of lights and lasers. I have been PMed by OldGrumpy and he explained quite a bit about why I had not got an update yet, I am happy with the reply he gave me back at the end of November but as of yet I still cannot do what I need to do with the software.

I am so looking forward to get a fully working version of Mamba Black as I think it is superb program in what it can do and seems so easy to use, well for me.

I cannot use the software that was supplied with the lasers as it is absolutely poo (iShow), never came across anything so basic or have so many stupid way ofdoing things. No real instructions just a brief description of what the icons on the editor do. No in-depth detail, the instructions do not match the version I have. I can't tell from the instructions if I have an older or newer version than the instructions.
    No instructions on how to actually create a show and link all the parts together, but that is my own fault. I should have found Photonlexicon before I purchased any lasers and software. The lasers are fine, just the software supplied.

Maybe I should just save up the pennies and plump for some FB3s and Pango Pro with a QM.net box.

Oh well time will tell.

Onge (André)
    350mW RGB, 180mW RGY Moving Head, 180mW RGY, 10mW Green, 5mw Green, 4x5mW Red
    Mamba Black 1.96 and MediaLas USB DAC, DMX SD DAC
    Just Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

André,
    Try to come along to the next UKLEM as there's loads of folks there with all sorts of Hardware/Software and you're bound to find it useful to compare and contrast.
    Let's face it, where else can you get that kind of hands on experience !!

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    André,
    Try to come along to the next UKLEM as there's loads of folks there with all sorts of Hardware/Software and you're bound to find it useful to compare and contrast.
    Let's face it, where else can you get that kind of hands on experience !!
    I will do my best to get there.

You can't "buy" that sort of hands on experience.

Might need some help with my RGB as I am going to change the scanners, amps and power supply (got a free set of 30K, think they are LP30's, for helping out the guy who sold me the laser for doing a bit of customer support for him. Only was a few e-mails and if I do a video tutorial then he said he would let me have a pukka copy of LDS for nothing, only prob is that he wants me to do the video of using iShow YUK!!!! and I have tried using LDS and it is powerful but very complicated.).
    I think I am going to need a new table as well as I think it's to small to be able to mount the scanners on it as well. Currently scanners are on a raised mount from the base of the laser casing, along with the power supply, amp and dmx board.
    Will def get some adjustable dichro mounts.
    So help with final alignment etc. if I can not do it myself would be of great help and if someone has a power meter then I could get that checked as well as it does seem under powered.

Also meeting all you UK guys, and any others who would have traveled from further afield, would be a good thing as well. No scrap that a brilliant thing.

Sorry if this post has hi-jacked the original intent of WhiteG's post.

Onge (André)
    350mW RGB, 180mW RGY Moving Head, 180mW RGY, 10mW Green, 5mw Green, 4x5mW Red
    Mamba Black 1.96 and MediaLas USB DAC, DMX SD DAC
    Just Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute

Thumbs up

Whiteg,
    Some Brilliant shows there.
    Although I don't have Mamba I managed to convert a couple of them to run on my Pangolin system and they look Ace.
    Are they all originals created by yourself?
    In particular, the Christmas one (Let it Snow) really is well done.
    It's the kind of show that would be on sale at some companies.

I'm in awe of your talents.

Whiteg,
    Some Brilliant shows there.
    Although I don't have Mamba I managed to convert a couple of them to run on my Pangolin system and they look Ace.
    In particular, the Christmas one (Let it Snow) really is well done.
    It's the kind of show that would be on sale at some companies.

I'm in awe of your talents.
    Hey Soferene

How did you do that? I didn't think it would be possible

Would you mind uploading them to the FTP, if whiteg approves
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by loopee View Post
    ..Would you mind uploading them to the FTP, if whiteg approves
    No Probs at all but it all depends on Whiteg as the originals are his shows.

I just spent a while tidying up some of the frames as (for some reason once I had in 'em in LD2000 ) a lot of the points had tails on 'em which looked a bit messy when run as a show.

Whiteg,
    Yes, I created them.

Maybe you can show them with MB demo version. In my oppinion the converted shows might be different from originals, cause these aren't ILDA shows.

I you want, you can upload the converted shows to the FTP.

Gabor

Thumbs up

Hi Gabor,
    Some of the shows (after conversion) are indeed slightly different as some of the frames didn't make it over (collateral damage? ) but they are on the whole quite true to your originals.
    I'll upload a couiple tomorrow.

I have included a text file giving you full credit so I'm not trying to poach your work.
    It's great that we can see new stuff and tinkering about with the files even encouraged me to create a small original beam show myself (hopefully the first of many)
    That too will be uploaded tomorrow.

Cheers Matey.